Who is Changing Plans? Attending Less Games

Texsox

I'm back in Chicago in two weeks and normally I would be at two or three games. Yesterday  I was thinking maybe one, but now I'm thinking I'll skip that one. Looking into fishing charters on Lake Michigan instead. Even at $10 tickets are overpriced to watch this.

• Like 1

Haven't bought any extras outside my 20 game plan which usually never happens. I actually sold our seats for a decent profit vs the Yankees because Keuchel was pitching. Of course  they won that game. We will see how it goes. I kind of like watching on TV. Besides after 17 or 18 years on the Bears season ticket waiting list we got them this year. Probably should have passed, but had the deposit in so figured we should try it a year. Then the schedule comes out and 4 home games after December 1st. Great.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Haven't bought any extras outside my 20 game plan which usually never happens. I actually sold our seats for a decent profit vs the Yankees because Keuchel was pitching. Of course  they won that game. We will see how it goes. I kind of like watching on TV. Besides after 17 or 18 years on the Bears season ticket waiting list we got them this year. Probably should have passed, but had the deposit in so figured we should try it a year. Then the schedule comes out and 4 home games after December 1st. Great.

I can't enjoy sitting down for the games anymore. TLR today was my last straw. There's so many things that need to go right to win a ballgame and having him at manager is tying one hand behind your back. He did dumb shit last year but it was typical "most manager dumb shit", this year he's taken it to a whole 'nother level. As I said the other day, shades of late stage Ozzie where he has completely lost the plot and is playing scrubs every single day high up in the order.

45 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm back in Chicago in two weeks and normally I would be at two or three games. Yesterday  I was thinking maybe one, but now I'm thinking I'll skip that one. Looking into fishing charters on Lake Michigan instead. Even at $10 tickets are overpriced to watch this.

I mentioned this back when TLR was hired, but I had a friend killed by a drunk driver and I'm boycotting buying tickets for home games or gear or anything else, basically everything except watching games on TV, until he's gone anyway, so I can't go to fewer games [I did break this because one of my best friends wanted to go to a game for his birthday, but that's it].

My dad and I have kicked around going to an away game, possibly KC for the doubleheader in August, but not if things don't turn around.

• Like 1

Been to three and have tickets bought for three more , but I can’t do any more other than what I’m committed already. I’ve got young kids who enjoy baseball and the white Sox thankfully, so I’m trying to teach them all the traditions while I grit my teeth half the time. 
I just feel like we are all being ripped off of a season. I am truly sad for all levels of short and long time season ticket holders. We all deserve better. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

It is a long season. If the team is great then I'm excited to see them as much as possible in person or at least on tv. When they are bad, I still check box scores and news ect, but I definitely won't subject myself to a bad team almost daily for 3+ hours. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

We've had Bears tickets since the 60s. I still go to the game but you're right I sell most of the ones in December and January now.

Edited by ptatc

28 minutes ago, tray said:

But will these  fair weather fans who say they won't attend games spend less time whining on this forum ?

Agreed. I go to games because I enjoy baseball. Win or lose. Too many people only care about winning. Of course winning is better. But baseball is baseball.

Edited by ptatc

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Agreed. I go to games because I enjoy baseball. Win or lose. Too many people only care about winning. Of course winning is better. But baseball is baseball.

Out on an island with Texsox on this one...well the kinder and friendlier version before the last 2-3 weeks at least. Haha.  In general, you have to find other players or teams to admire at points like this because the Sox would drive nearly anyone to drink as a defense mechanism.

By the way, what's your theory about the Moncada and Grandal cliff dives?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Out on an island with Texsox on this one...well the kinder and friendlier version before the last 2-3 weeks at least. Haha.  In general, you have to find other players or teams to admire at points like this because the Sox would drive nearly anyone to drink as a defense mechanism.

By the way, what's your theory about the Moncada and Grandal cliff dives?

I still enjoy going to the Sox games.

Who knows about those 2. The performance have absolutely tanked. There us obviously something wrong. Players just don't crash like that. 

My votes are

1. Leg injuries.

2. Long COVID 

3. PED crash.

Not necessarily in that order for each of them.

28 minutes ago, ptatc said:

True, but a bad high payroll team full of veterans is baseball hell. I would much rather watch a young team full of intriguing prospect lose. 

36 minutes ago, ptatc said:

2 minutes ago, joemg311 said:

True, but a bad high payroll team full of veterans is baseball hell. I would much rather watch a young team full of intriguing prospect lose. 

Go to a minor league game.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, joemg311 said:

I wouldn't call them veterans. Many are young. Guys like Vaughn and Robert barely have a full season.

Either preference but still baseball.