Eloy back, Burger, VV to IL, Lambert recalled, Mendick to 60 day IL

CentralChamps21

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Burger put on the 10 day IL for a bone bruise in his right hand - a bruise he sustained THREE WEEKS AGO when he was hit by a pitch.  What a joke of an organization.  They intentionally played with one man short for the past three weeks.

I don't think Burger's lack of playing time has much to do with the injury.  They're probably unrelated, or its flared back up.  He's stopped playing because Moncada is a better all around player, Jake provides zero defensive utility, TLR has a love affair with Sheets and AV's legs have taken him out of the OF. 

6 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Burger put on the 10 day IL for a bone bruise in his right hand - a bruise he sustained THREE WEEKS AGO when he was hit by a pitch.  What a joke of an organization.  They intentionally played with one man short for the past three weeks.

I wonder how much they backdated this?  That might be the telling part.  And for Jake this is way better than being sent down as it allows him to still draw and MLB check and be around the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think Burger's lack of playing time has much to do with the injury.  They're probably unrelated, or its flared back up.  He's stopped playing because Moncada is a better all around player, Jake provides zero defensive utility, TLR has a love affair with Sheets and AV's legs have taken him out of the OF. 

Point is that if his bruised hand is enough to put him on the IL today, then it was enough to put him on the IL three weeks ago.  The Sox have been doing shit like this all season long.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder how much they backdated this?  That might be the telling part.  And for Jake this is way better than being sent down as it allows him to still draw and MLB check and be around the team.

True, but Jake needs to be playing.  He needs ABs and he needs to improve his defense playing 3B.  He's not going to improve by sitting on the bench.

And if the reason he's on the IL is because he really needs the time off for the hand to heal, then he should have been put on the IL three weeks ago and someone brought up who is healthy enough to contribute rather than playing one man short.

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He played last night, so cannot be backdated further than today.  Plus, its a three day max anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

True, but Jake needs to be playing.  He needs ABs and he needs to improve his defense playing 3B.  He's not going to improve by sitting on the bench.

And if the reason he's on the IL is because he really needs the time off for the hand to heal, then he should have been put on the IL three weeks ago and someone brought up who is healthy enough to contribute rather than playing one man short.

Or something happened and it got worse.  It happens.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I am leaning towards that.  The overarching points remains tho - Burger sitting glued to the bench doesn't make much sense.  He should have been getting everyday at bats in Charlotte the last couple weeks.  

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

But they put him in at 2B last night.  And he did PH the other night.  So why were they even putting him in if it got worse? I guess it's possible it got worse overnight but I doubt it.  Looks more like he's been hurt for three weeks but they decided to keep him around until Eloy was ready instead of bringing up someone else in the meantime.

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

But they put him in at 2B last night.  And he did PH the other night.  So why were they even putting him in if it got worse? I guess it's possible it got worse overnight but I doubt it.  Looks more like he's been hurt for three weeks but they decided to keep him around until Eloy was ready instead of bringing up someone else in the meantime.

Injuries like that can happen literally at any point.  You can go from a 2 to a 6 on the pain scale with the wrong swing or throw if something is already irritated.  Players play with 2 pain all of the time, or they would never play.

It is also worth mentioning that with the new rules limiting how many times a player can be optioned in a year, this is a backdoor work around that potentially as well.

14 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

jesus fucking christ this team won't be satisfied until Eloy destroys himself, Robert, TA, or Yoan pretending he's capable of playing a barely passable LF...

Almost to the point where I want to see the big oaf fall into the stands and break every bone in his body just so the powers that be have more egg on their collective faces. 

11 minutes ago, Slobber House said:

I guess I don't understand what the advantage for the team would be to not putting someone on the IL. Can you guys fill me in?

It's too easy to play withj a complete roster. That's why the Sox manager is the best. He makes everything complicated.

• Like 1