What trade would you make

fathom

If Buehrle wanted to go to the Cardinals, and they wanted him, I'd do it. Couple good prospects.

Danks to the Yankees for Austin Romine and a couple pitchers, maybe get Banuelos or Betances.

Quentin to Atlanta seems to have legs. I'll take a pitcher or two.

Jackson and Floyd would be on the table.

Thornton...I would trade in a second if the right deal was there.

Everyone else is almost untradeable, wouldn't bring enough talent back, or I don't want them to trade yet.

With all the Atlanta talk yesterday if ATL wanted to dump Lowe and needed a bat...that would get the ball rolling in other moves.

We'd take Lowe...they take Rios.

And like you said flavum...makes Jackson and Floyd available for some good spects.

I just want Rios off this team...period. Pitchers are easier to peddle than underachieving outfielders. So in the end it we're stuck with Lowe's contract it's better than being stuck with Rios.

Rockies would love to have a starter like Jackson. They have a couple of prospects who have put up big numbers in lower minors. Of course, their recent injuries have helped put them out of contention. I would like to see what kind of action Jackson would bring.

Jackson has been traded , what, 4 times in the last 5 years? Does anybody really think that another team out there wants to make it a 5th time in 6 years? He is what he is. He'll never get better. We're saddled with him. All we can do is hope he goes on a run and pitches himself into type A status.

Well you have to look at the farm and figure out what you can bring up and who can actually be moved. Secondly, you have to figure out what you want your future rotation to look at. The Humber arrival has been amazing. It gives us flexibility to trade one of our starting pitchers, and it will likely be Jackson.

Next year i would keep Humber, Floyd, Danks and obviously we also have Peavy. If KW can swing that Quentin deal for one of Atlanta's starting pitchers, that would be ideal. I think Buerhle will finish his career in St. Louis.

If Quentin is dealt, we have room in the OF for Viciedo in RF. For next year that leaves LF open since Pierre is off the books. I would eventually move Viciedo to LF for 2012 and sign a RF via free agency.

I would try to take advantage of the Red's need for some consistent pitching. Dangle Danks and try to acquire Grandal as the Red's have catching depth. Mesoraco is near MLB ready and ahead on the depth chart. The Sox desperately need a legit catching prospect and I hate AJ Pierzynski with a passion.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
I would try to take advantage of the Red's need for some consistent pitching. Dangle Danks and try to acquire Grandal as the Red's have catching depth. Mesoraco is near MLB ready and ahead on the depth chart. The Sox desperately need a legit catching prospect and I hate AJ Pierzynski with a passion.

Yes, I like this. I'd try to get another low or high a prospect with a projectable ceiling as well. Only thing is would the Reds do this with John set to hit FA after next year? They're already regretting the awful Arroyo extension. They're going to have to make a decision on Brandon Phillips after this year. I just don't know what their budget is. Danks is likely going to command $75-80 million over 5 years or so in FA.

This is the rare time when I actually think the Sox have a better chance of improving from within. Wouldn't mind too much to see a pitcher dealt, though, if the price is right.

Whatever we do for the rest of the season, I'd like to get a good look at De Aza soon, in addition to Tank, of course. Lilli never hit in the high minors the way De Aza has this year, so maybe this guy deserves a real chance, especially if he's able to play all the OF positions. Sounds like his career was delayed by injury, so who knows, could be a diamond in the rough? If nothing else, he could be part of the bench mix next year.

I'll be watching this Beachy character tonite vs. Phils.

Can we just stop the Buehrle trade talk? Amazing things happen when he pitches and he's our boy. I want him to be our Wakefield. I want his name retired here. I want a statue. I want him here forever. That man has defied all the conventional pitching wisom.

I want Quentin AND Tank to be our corners for years to come. They just pile up RBIs period. CF needs addressing if possible.

I'm all for packaging players to acquire a real stud 3B...which makes me wonder who's out there to get.

I still think we pulled the trigger one year too early on 1b/dh. I think both Fielder and Pujols would have at least seriously entertained the idea of coming to the cell.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
Can we just stop the Buehrle trade talk? Amazing things happen when he pitches and he's our boy. I want him to be our Wakefield. I want his name retired here. I want a statue. I want him here forever. That man has defied all the conventional pitching wisom.

I hear you, and I would agree with you fully if I knew Buehrle wanted to pitch until he couldn't--late 30's/early 40's, the usual.

If he's going to retire in a few years anyway, I'd be happy for him going home to St. Louis to finish out his career.

If he stays, great. But if the Sox can find the right deal, and one that he would approve, I'd be ok with that too.

I'd try to keep four or five good starters and Santos. Any other players are now tradeable in my mind.

I wish I could trust Kenny to make the right trades.

But try to keep an "on paper" solid pitching corps and trade any regulars you want, except we need a new hitting coach to go with the new lineup as well.

I'd prefer hitters with some speed, but not slappies like Pierre.

Only Paulie hits homers any more, so trade everybody you want, KW.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)

I want Quentin AND Tank to be our corners for years to come. They just pile up RBIs period. CF needs addressing if possible.

I'm all for packaging players to acquire a real stud 3B...which makes me wonder who's out there to get.

I still think we pulled the trigger one year too early on 1b/dh. I think both Fielder and Pujols would have at least seriously entertained the idea of coming to the cell.

I love Mark as much as anyone on this board outside of Rowand and Heads. But this organization is bigger than Mark. By AL standards, he's a #4 starter. If he wants $12 million a year for another 3-4 years, see ya! If he's willing to take a discount or if you can get a piece or two that will help you well into the future, you do it. Baseball is a cruel business. No room for sensitivity or nostalgia.

Honestly, if this team doesn't plan on letting go of the coaching staff outside of Don, then I blow up the entire thing. You probably wouldn't be able to move Dunn. You have an outside chance at moving Rios.

Danks, Buehrle, and Humber(if you can get someone to overpay for him)

Konerko, Beckham, Pierre, Pierzynski, Quentin and Rios also gone.

I want Viciedo up and I want to obtain the best prospects by far. Not even positional fits, but literally, just the best prospects we can get.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
I'd try to keep four or five good starters and Santos. Any other players are now tradeable in my mind.

I wish I could trust Kenny to make the right trades.

But try to keep an "on paper" solid pitching corps and trade any regulars you want, except we need a new hitting coach to go with the new lineup as well.

I'd prefer hitters with some speed, but not slappies like Pierre.

Only Paulie hits homers any more, so trade everybody you want, KW.

Personally I'd like a whole new staff. I guess deep down inside I'd prefer to keep Ozzie if he wasn't so goddamn stubborn...but this entire staff...his "buddy system" is probably one of the most lifeless groups ever assembled. I'm not saying you need to be Rah-Rah or anything...but have you ever seen more lifeless personalities than Harold Baines, Greg Walker and Joey Corra? The team kinda reflects their personality as well. Just my 2¢.

Sorry...not trying to hijack the thread into this direction at all. But I'd be all for getting rid of anybody not named Konerko (unless he wanted to)

and build the staff.

Edited by Wanne