This is a joke!!

ranger2004

QUOTE (midway @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
http://www.inquisitr.com/1519761/boston-re...ors-chris-sale/

If the Sox ever did this I would take the most drastic measure ever and.....become a Cubs fan. Yikes did I really say that, lmao!!!

Interesting...I'm sure that's just Boston's wishful thinking. I don't think our FO thinks as little about Flowers as they do, but who knows? I would like to think it would take more than that to trade Sale.

It really makes no sense to trade Sale. It would be about the players, not the money since he's affordable.

The Sox would be figuring Rodon is as good as Sale and could replace him. It's a dumb trade though as the Sox would be shipping out a franchise player for prospects. Weird idea.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 09:54 PM)
It really makes no sense to trade Sale. It would be about the players, not the money since he's affordable.

The Sox would be figuring Rodon is as good as Sale and could replace him. It's a dumb trade though as the Sox would be shipping out a franchise player for prospects. Weird idea.

I would not have a problem trading Rodon. the only reason would be, the sox would have

to deal with his agent. his agent would ask for the world. so trade him when he is close

to leaving, something like 2-3 yrs before to max out his rtn.

on the flip side, it is Rodon and his agent right to ask for the most money and show no loyalty

to a ball club nor its fans. this is the point I have to keep reminding myself.

This is a Boston fan doing some day dreaming and there's nothing wrong with it but the fan forgot one thing. The Dodgers probably have more to offer with Pederson, Seager, Urias etc. If the Sox were to trade Sale, I would hope it was with the Dodgers.

Edited by StRoostifer

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 10:24 PM)
This is a Boston fan doing some day dreaming and there's nothing wrong with it but the fan forgot one thing. The Dodgers probably have more to offer with Pederson, Seager, Urias etc. If the Sox were to trade Sale, I would hope it was with the Dodgers.

I am with you, now its dodgers and for me the yanks and bos who has prospects I would love to see in a

sox uniform.

next yr, Tor, cincy and pit.

oops I forgot. stl has a nice collections of prospects.

Edited by LDF

Why is this even thread worthy? Do we post a new thread every time a biased fan from another team post their "rumors" about a Sox player? The title says Red Sox rumor, but nowhere in the article states where the said "rumor" came from.

It's cute how he thinks Owens and Vazquez alone is good for Sale. They would need to add Bogaerts, JBJ, and Betts to start the conversation.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
Why is this even thread worthy? Do we post a new thread every time a biased fan from another team post their "rumors" about a Sox player? The title says Red Sox rumor, but nowhere in the article states where the said "rumor" came from.

It's cute how he thinks Owens and Vazquez alone is good for Sale. They would need to add Bogaerts, JBJ, and Betts to start the conversation.

Long offseason, it doesn't hurt anything

I think this was posted for amusement purposes and not to spark a discussion on if Sale should actually be traded. The article was written by a day dreaming fan of a team that just finished a horrible season, it happens. I wouldn't read too much into it.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
Why is this even thread worthy? Do we post a new thread every time a biased fan from another team post their "rumors" about a Sox player? The title says Red Sox rumor, but nowhere in the article states where the said "rumor" came from

Yay white knighting

It seems like a lot of boston fans think baseball revolves around them, i have a few friends who are red sox fans and some of the trade ideas they throw out there are unreal. While its nice to dream about trades and such when i do i try to make it realistic, when they do you think they do the trade on a video game and think it could happen in real life.

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
It seems like a lot of boston fans think baseball revolves around them, i have a few friends who are red sox fans and some of the trade ideas they throw out there are unreal. While its nice to dream about trades and such when i do i try to make it realistic, when they do you think they do the trade on a video game and think it could happen in real life.

The baseball hubris out here is offensive. The fans have no concept of how baseball works anymore.