Predict The Next Move

Dunt

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
But that has to be Viciedo.

Any additional moves would be for depth or the bench IMO.

My original question was "Where does this money come from", and bucket replied "Corresponding roster move." That's why I think it might be John Danks.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/v/varvaan01.shtml

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 2m2 minutes ago

#Braves likely will look to deal Anthony Varvaro very soon after designating him for assignment.

Could be a good buy low candidate? He's 30 years old, but he's had some solid numbers the last 2 years.

There are some decent relief options floating around now, with Varvaro, Medlan, Wes Wright, and Casey Janssen all floating out there. I'd take just about any of them.

Other than that, maybe Eric Young Jr to be 4th OF? He is fast and can defend all three OF positions.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 07:29 PM)
There are some decent relief options floating around now, with Varvaro, Medlan, Wes Wright, and Casey Janssen all floating out there. I'd take just about any of them.

Other than that, maybe Eric Young Jr to be 4th OF? He is fast and can defend all three OF positions.

Those relievers you mentioned are all on my wish list. I'd love any one of them.

No need for EY Jr. We have 3 4th OFs in Danks, Shuck and Campana already.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
Those relievers you mentioned are all on my wish list. I'd love any one of them.

No need for EY Jr. We have 3 4th OFs in Danks, Shuck and Campana already.

But Campana and Jordan Danks are terrible and Shuck isn't a CF.

Anyways, I think the next move will be depth for OF or SP. At least, I hope it is.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
I'm thinking he's still the best choice for backup C as we sit here today, so the options may not matter a whole lot. Of course, that could change. Let's hope he's taken a step forward.

A more experienced backup might be a "finishing touch" type of move for this offseason.

Nieto is having a very good winter league.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 15, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Oh yeah. Been advocating for it, along with at least a few others. It makes wayyyyy too much sense.

It really does. He's a perfect fit on this team. He can backup pretty much any spot necessary (third base, second base, outfield). I don't know how much he wants, but I'd love to see Hahn pick him up and call it a day.