2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
routines and training staffs dont prevent roll ups and guys stepping on feet

3 years of many different types of injuries makes it difficult to agree it's just luck and a physical game. They have also routinely underestimated healing time on their players during this period. Shoulder injuries, foot injuries, knee injuries, finger injuries arm injuries.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
3 years of many different types of injuries makes it difficult to agree it's just luck and a physical game. They have also routinely underestimated healing time on their players during this period. Shoulder injuries, foot injuries, knee injuries, finger injuries arm injuries.

Its bizarre I agree, but we have seen the replays of all of it. Sitton, Long, Goldman, White all got rolled up. Trevathan iirc got hit in the pile. Floyd brained himself on another guys hip. Wilson broke his foot in like the first day of preseason practice running. Fuller, who knows

I dont know what to say but it isnt like everyone is out due to soft tissue injuries. Everything happening this season has been legit bad luck. Its f***ed up

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
CSN Chicago ‏@CSNChicago 24m24 minutes ago #Bears linebacker Danny Trevathan done for season with ruptured patellar tendon http://bit.ly/2gCQpgG (@CSNMoonMullin) #BearsTalk

This sounds like the type of injury that could impact his future effectiveness. Injuries in football are brutal, but man, this year for the Bears is beyond brutal. Get better Danny T.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
This sounds like the type of injury that could impact his future effectiveness. Injuries in football are brutal, but man, this year for the Bears is beyond brutal. Get better Danny T.

Highly likely he'll never regain full strength of his quadriceps.

Rehab will have to avoid any eccentric strengthening for a long period of time

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
Alex Smith is the luckiest QB in NFL history. So average but gets on teams with top defenses.

He deserves it. Was treated like s*** in SF. Honestly, I don't like him at all but I have to admit, I was shocked he led the comeback. Almost went into cardiac arrest during that game last night.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
Its bizarre I agree, but we have seen the replays of all of it. Sitton, Long, Goldman, White all got rolled up. Trevathan iirc got hit in the pile. Floyd brained himself on another guys hip. Wilson broke his foot in like the first day of preseason practice running. Fuller, who knows

I dont know what to say but it isnt like everyone is out due to soft tissue injuries. Everything happening this season has been legit bad luck. Its f***ed up

I can't get 2014 or 2013 data to load here this morning, but per this site the Bears are in the top 5 in injured reserve losses both of the last 2 years, but not at the top either year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
I can't get 2014 or 2013 data to load here this morning, but per this site the Bears are in the top 5 in injured reserve losses both of the last 2 years, but not at the top either year.

It doesnt make sense, and you would think the bears would be due a couple years of good luck. but those years just never seem to get here.

If it was like that first lovie season where everyone got pulled hamstrings in like the first week of practice and it continued through the year i would be all about blaming the trainers, but you go down the list of these players and see how they got hurt and it just doesnt seem like they could do much to help. I forgot to add Zack Miller and he got his foot stepped on two games ago and broken as well.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
Now that the Packers playoff chances are just about over. This is the team I'm going to root for in the playoffs. Such a fun team to watch.

Yeah, right, it's Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. This is where they start their 5-1 stretch to end the season, win the North and break the Lions' hearts again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
Yeah, right, it's Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. This is where they start their 5-1 stretch to end the season, win the North and break the Lions' hearts again.

Yeah that division is far from being settled. Lions have @NO, CHI, @NYG, @DAL, GB left on their schedule and the Vikings have DAL, @JAX, IND, @GB, CHI. I could easily see the Lions losing 4 of those games and the Vikings losing 3 in which the Packers would need to just go 3-2 the rest of the season to win the division with a sparkling 8-8 record. GB would hold the head to head tiebreaker over Detroit and the division record tiebreaker over Minnesota.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
What's everyone's favorite memory of the Cutler experience?

I think mine was when the referee knocked the helmet on his head walking off the field. Can't find the GIF right now.

2013 Week 17 against the Packers. He had them up 28-20 in the 4th Quarter. Then it was 28-27, 4th and 8 with around 45 seconds to go, and the defense blew the game by letting Rodgers scramble (Peppers' fault) and hit a wide open Cobb for a TD (dbacks miscommunication)..

He gets hit pretty hard for every failure of his, and I don't recall him pointing too many fingers at others who did the same. He underperformed, and I think he'd admit it, but he has handled himself with far more class than a lot of his teammates. It's time for him to go, but I don't think it will be as easy to replace him as some think.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)
2013 Week 17 against the Packers. He had them up 28-20 in the 4th Quarter. Then it was 28-27, 4th and 8 with around 45 seconds to go, and the defense blew the game by letting Rodgers scramble (Peppers' fault) and hit a wide open Cobb for a TD (dbacks miscommunication)..

He gets hit pretty hard for every failure of his, and I don't recall him pointing too many fingers at others who did the same. He underperformed, and I think he'd admit it, but he has handled himself with far more class than a lot of his teammates. It's time for him to go, but I don't think it will be as easy to replace him as some think.

f***ing Chris Conte.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Dec 1, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)

My issue is their inability to get any type of offfensive stability around him whatsoever.

It cost two GM's their job, a head coach and then there was the debacle that was Trestman.

Cutler is part to blame but an inept organization is as well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
And a franchise QB and the rookie of the year that's maybe the best RB in the league. They are stacked.

And all this while their 2nd RD pick, Jaylon Smith, has been hurt the entire time. Hoping to get that dude back next season, but the 2016 draft for the Cowboys could be a franchise changing draft.