2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Howard/Whitehair/Floyd really encouraging. Not as happy with our 4th rounders but think Hall will be best shot at a starter.

Didn't really catch bullard yesterday, but seemed like dline played well. Goldman obviously stuck out (agian) as a passrusher, which is freaking awesome.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
Howard/Whitehair/Floyd really encouraging. Not as happy with our 4th rounders but think Hall will be best shot at a starter.

Didn't really catch bullard yesterday, but seemed like dline played well. Goldman obviously stuck out (agian) as a passrusher, which is freaking awesome.

I have a feeling Goldman will reach Geno Atkins level in the upcoming years. Dude is a monster.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)
I have a feeling Goldman will reach Geno Atkins level in the upcoming years. Dude is a monster.

It's so awesome because pass-rushing was seen to be his limitation. We saw this last draft how top of the line run stuffers fell because they can't stay on field. Same happened with Goldman, but he turned out to be a great pass rusher from interior.

And that will work well because it looks like Young/Floyd will do well to get back high in the pocket and force those QBs to come up. If Goldman gets that push we are gonna see a really nice pass rush.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 11:33 AM)

He has Tommy Harris (pre injury obviously) quickness off the snap. He is so fast

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
What is going on with Howard. Did he have an achilles injury or doesn't he?

after the game he said nothing is wrong with him, he is fine. I have no idea why Fox spreads misinformation like that, if that ends up being true. That is way outside of misdirecting the next opponent

I am in sports hell for sure. Not sure what I have done to deserve it.

Cubs are champs

Sox are a complete joke of an organization

Bears are a complete joke + injured + ped's + disaster of a rebuild only TWO YEARS IN!

Bulls are really still a joke but at least will be semi watchable for this year

Hawks are good again so I will latch on to them like a newborn to a breast

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
I am in sports hell for sure. Not sure what I have done to deserve it.

Cubs are champs

Sox are a complete joke of an organization

Bears are a complete joke + injured + ped's + disaster of a rebuild only TWO YEARS IN

Bulls are really still a joke but at least will be semi watchable for this year

Hawks are good again so I will latch on to them like a newborn to a breast

:lol: Preach.

Aside from it being painful, with the core developing fine, and just incredible weaknesses from their DB/QB positions, this really may be good news in allowing a franchise altering draft. OTOH, we've had two top 5 picks last 15 years and one was Benson and the other was traded back for michael haynes and rex grossman.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 14, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
Aside from it being painful, with the core developing fine, and just incredible weaknesses from their DB/QB positions, this really may be good news in allowing a franchise altering draft. OTOH, we've had two top 5 picks last 15 years and one was Benson and the other was traded back for michael haynes and rex grossman.

This year's draft looks good. Goldman looks like a stud from last year's draft. There's good stuff for the Bears. This is just going to be a couple years longer as a process.