Sox Tigers game thread

If we can pick up this win and this offense can keep this up. A hot streak from Abreu, a hot streak from Garcia? Take 2 of 3 from Baltimore, then we have a nicer stretch of easier games where we could really get back into this thing ...

hahahaha just kiddingggggg. This team is the worst.

Interest is at an all time low. I don't even care if we acquired Reddick for the OF, somehow traded for a stud catcher and signed Edwin Encarcion to DH I wouldn't buy a single game ticket to this team after getting burned on season tix this year.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
Farmer and DJ were just talking about old jerseys. Whatever happened to the sleeveless jerseys?

Most teams, if not all, have ditched them. I thought they were pretty cool. Maybe Majestic didn't want to make them because they couldn't put their emblem on the sleeve.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
The point is Anderson and Saladino cant both be starters....at that ops, so they need yet another player.

The Sox are going to run Anderson out there at least five days a week because he's projected to be a starting ML shortstop and they have no other realistic options.

The Sox will get Lawrie back next year and Saladino will be able to return to being a utility player.

Royals fighting to box us out of a Top Ten pick without Davis at the back end...

Dont know if we can get there or not. That would give Hahn a ton of protection again for not pursuing any top tier free agents...preserving draft picks.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
Most teams, if not all, have ditched them. I thought they were pretty cool. Maybe Majestic didn't want to make them because they couldn't put their emblem on the sleeve.

That's unfortunate, those were better than some 3rd uni alternates some teams wear.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)

I liked the older sox ones they wore. Wish they'd go back to those as an alternate home uniform

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 08:02 PM)
Royals fighting to box us out of a Top Ten pick without Davis at the back end...

Dont know if we can get there or not. That would give Hahn a ton of protection again for not pursuing any top tier free agents...preserving draft picks.

Cmon. We play them nine more times; that will take care of that. KC will win 7 or 8 of 'em

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Let Avi play when he's hot. Unfortunately that means putting him in the field, but he does go on some nice hot streaks before looking clueless for a month or 2.

That 2 homer game that second one was a BOMB. I guessed it at about 460'. Just found it on Statcast and they said 465'. Today's wasn't a cheapie either . TV replay didn't show where it landed but over the 420 sign guessing about 435.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
Avi for CF 2017

Actually with Tilson out and Austin Jackson apparently not coming back soon I would just start Avi in CF every game from here on out. Keep Eaton in RF where he excels and see how Avi does in center. I've heard some people claim that center field is actually easier to play for a lot of outfielders that struggle in the corners as long as they have the speed to cover the ground from gap to gap. Avi certainly struggles in RF and one thing he does have is speed. What could it hurt? At this point what's the difference if he's a butcher in RF or in CF?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
Actually with Tilson out and Austin Jackson apparently not coming back soon I would just start Avi in CF every game from here on out. Keep Eaton in RF where he excels and see how Avi does in center. I've heard some people claim that center field is actually easier to play for a lot of outfielders that struggle in the corners as long as they have the speed to cover the ground from gap to gap. Avi certainly struggles in RF and one thing he does have is speed. What could it hurt? At this point what's the difference if he's a butcher in RF or in CF?

It sure would be fun to watch him play center - I could play clown themed circus music as a soundtrack to all his plays.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 12:16 AM)
It sure would be fun to watch him play center - I could play clown themed circus music as a soundtrack to all his plays.

All we need is a ball bouncing off his head for a home run like Canseco did.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)

With the team being out of it (the front office knows this otherwise they wouldn't have traded a reliable reliever in a thin pen), f*** it. Might as well do anything. At this point you might as well play Garcia everyday. Maybe he has clicked on rakes the next 2 months. You won't know unless you play him.

Edited by soxfan2014