Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
rabbit and Nightengale with White Sox leaks. They usually leak very little. Something is going to happen pretty soon. They don't want these guys with their names out there every day if there's a decent possiblility they are going to be on the team. Too much distraction.

Agreed . Way too much smoke.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:07 PM)
rabbit and Nightengale with White Sox leaks. They usually leak very little. Something is going to happen pretty soon. They don't want these guys with their names out there every day if there's a decent possiblility they are going to be on the team. Too much distraction.

YES, YES, YES!!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
I do think we have gone way too far down this path for something to not get done at this point. Someone is going to blink, and probably within the next week if I had to guess.

Yes, and Nightengale on hot stove today said quite plainly Sox are very eager to trade him.

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
anybody able to summarize the latest news/rumor? something about the yankees being the latest trade partner? any prospects named?

No names other than Yanks interested in Q / DRob... speculation they'd have to clear some salary or have us send $ to avoid luxury tax.

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
anybody able to summarize the latest news/rumor? something about the yankees being the latest trade partner? any prospects named?

Hahn has been on the phones to GMs everywhere doing his best Blago impression

"I've got this thing and it's f***ing golden."

"I'm just not giving it up for f***ing nothing

QUOTE (Real @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)

Nightingale came out today with a rumor that yanks were expanding trade talks on Quintana to include Robertson, then another that Pitt and NYY were very interested in q and a three way trade had been discussed.

Then Heyman and Sherman said their sources hadn't heard about a drob + Q package being discussed.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:24 PM)
Hahn has been on the phones to GMs everywhere doing his best Blago impression

"I've got this thing and it's f***ing golden."

"I'm just not giving it up for f***ing nothing

Good one lol. I can see him doing the jerry maguire. "Show me the prospects, show me the prospects"

Writer Bill Madden was on MLB Now today and said that he has talked to people from both the Yankees and the White Sox and they said there have been no talks about a Quintana trade. He also said the White Sox guy told him the Sox have no inclination to move him either, unless they were to get a package GREATER than the Sale return.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
Writer Bill Madden was on MLB Now today and said that he has talked to people from both the Yankees and the White Sox and they said there have been no talks about a Quintana trade. He also said the White Sox guy told him the Sox have no inclination to move him either, unless they were to get a package GREATER than the Sale return.

I find that pretty hard to believe at this point.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)

Proof of the fake rebuild/ get rid of Drake supporters conspiracy theory!!!

/green I think