Rangers have increased pursuit of Q?

Sleepy Harold

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/c...vival/97431050/

Wow. Jim Crain flat out saying they are trying to get Quintana. This is a good sign. Thanks, Bob.

Interesting but Crane appears to be senile, I get Chapman but in what universe could Sale's contract be considered 'bad'? He's under team control for 3 more years with $13M in guaranteed money or 13% of what the Dbacks have guaranteed to Greinke over the next 3 years, a pitcher 5 years his senior.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
I missed that quote. Where is it?

Suddenly, with a surplus of draft picks, the pain of giving up top prospects for Quintana or someone else could be eased.

“We’re hoping that something will break,” Crane said. “It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that ... getting two picks from the Cardinals gives us more depth in the system. We’re still looking into it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/c...vival/97431050/

Wow. Jim Crain flat out saying they are trying to get Quintana. This is a good sign. Thanks, Bob.

Holy s***, nice find. Honestly, I'd be shocked if Quintana is on our team come February 14th, with the Astros the obvious favorites. That basically leaves 11 days to get a deal done.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:35 PM)
Suddenly, with a surplus of draft picks, the pain of giving up top prospects for Quintana or someone else could be eased.

“We’re hoping that something will break,” Crane said. “It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that ... getting two picks from the Cardinals gives us more depth in the system. We’re still looking into it.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:35 PM)
They have been primarily focusing on Jose Quintana of the Chicago White Sox and Sonny Gray of the Oakland Athletics, Crane says.

Yeah, I read the article. I don't see any quotes from Crane that mention Q. That doesn't mean they are not going to push harder now, but that guy's post wasn't exactly accurate.

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:34 PM)
One thing I have wondered last few days is if Hammel hasn't signed yet because he has an agreement with the Sox that will be announced after Q trade

That could be very possible, as it's been awfully strange that he hasn't signed a contract already in such a pitching poor market. I know the guys on the CSN Sox podcast were speculating him wanting to stay in Chicago and signing with the Sox.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:35 PM)

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:35 PM)
They have been primarily focusing on Jose Quintana of the Chicago White Sox and Sonny Gray of the Oakland Athletics, Crane says.

You're inferring, there's nothing explicit in the article. Nightengale is insinuating which is fun but there's nothing definitive here, he's just rehashing the 2 names that have been in the mainstream for awhile now.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 06:43 AM)
That could be very possible, as it's been awfully strange that he hasn't signed a contract already in such a pitching poor market. I know the guys on the CSN Sox podcast were speculating him wanting to stay in Chicago and signing with the Sox.

Seemed less speculation and more something they were told by someone close to Hammel

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:46 PM)
You're inferring, there's nothing explicit in the article. Nightengale is insinuating which is fun but there's nothing definitive here, he's just rehashing the 2 names that have been in the mainstream for awhile now.

Fair enough, but what can't be disputed is that the Astros are still looking to add a TOR starter and that it appears the owner himself is eager to add one. And it doesn't take a giant leap to assume Quintana is one of their top targets. I still consider this a plus even if the owner didn't specifically mention Quintana.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:46 PM)

Bob isn't guessing. He wrote that Crain mentioned those two names when discussing starting pitching.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:57 PM)
Bob isn't guessing. He wrote that Crain mentioned those two names when discussing starting pitching.

s***, you're right, I guess I glossed over "Crane says" because that's super forthright from an owner, carry on.

A big plus from this interview is that Luhnow can no longer play the "we're good with what we have" card. That doesn't mean we have the upper hand or anything, but it does take away a certain level of posturing and should hopefully lead to more productive dialogue between the two clubs. Again, I'm really optimistic something will happen here in the next 11 days.

Interesting that he mentions Chapman and "slamming the door" in the article. Possible that Robertson is packaged up with Q for another body or two? Maybe something like a 6 for 2 swap?

Q and DRob for Tucker, Reed, Paulino, Perez, Laureano, and Stubbs?

Edited by oneofthemikes

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 07:36 AM)
Interesting that he mentions Chapman in the article. Possible that Robertson is packaged up with Q for another body or two? Maybe something like a 6 for 2 swap?

I believe the Astros did try to sign Robertson and even offered him slightly more money when we signed him so its plausible.

Well if the Astros new bounty of pics helps the Sox I'm all for it. That said on a sidenote I'm not really sure how much the Astros were hurt that warranted them getting those pics. To be sure the Cards were advantaged and were rightly penalized. I don't really see why they should've gone to the Astros. Yes They were embarrassed a bit by some of the revelations like Luhnow thinking that a team would actually give him a top prospect for Lucas Harrel.