Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)
http://nypost.com/2017/06/17/cashmans-trad...an-starter/amp/

He would cost the kind of prospects who would help alleviate some 40-man roster crunch — this is made up by me: Adams, Frazier, Mateo and Estevan Florial. He is just 28 and lefty. Plus, he is under control through 2020, and how his team-friendly deal is structured Quintana would cost just $5.3 million toward the luxury tax payroll next year.

The Yankees would have plenty of competition for Quintana, notably from the Astros. But a lot of Cashman’s history points toward him as a real possibility."

Florial is another guy that looks interesting on paper. He reminds of Jared Kendell from Vanderbilt with all the tools but with serious bat to ball issues.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/al-n...ays-tigers.html

Possible Yankees/White Sox deal for Q

This is not a full list, but these prospects must be put on the 40-man roster between now and Nov. 20 or risk being exposed to the Rule 5 draft: Torres, Abreu, Acevedo, Wade, Littell, Estrada, Clint Frazier, Dustin Fowler, Ian Clarkin, Billy McKinney and J.P. Feyereisen (Mateo already is on the 40-man).

Quintana and Frazier for....???

It's Time for the Rays to Trade Chris Archer

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/its-t...de-chris-archer

Edited by caulfield12

pplama7 hours ago

I don’t see the Sox and Yanks coming together on a Quintana trade. Sox would want 2 of Frazier, Rutherford, Adams. The Yankees won’t give that up. If Mateo were performing well, he’d be a perfect secondary piece.. But he’s isn’t, and combining Rutherford with Fowler or Andujar won’t be enough for the Sox to bite.

Random but knowledgeable internet fan #2

As a Yanks fan, I wouldn’t want them to get him if it cost any of the players you mentioned, besides Mateo which you mentioned as not being a real piece (I agree as far as a blue chip piece). Maybe Adams and Mateo with some other complementary pieces, but I don’t think that would get it done. And, I don’t think the Sox would, nor really should, accept an offer that doesn’t include at least one blue chip prospect. I just don’t think Quintana would be a great fit for the Yanks. He is a very good pitcher, and any team would be better with him on it, but I would rather the team hold onto those impact players for the future, especially in a year where he has looked rather mediocre, or for a player that I think would strive in NY. I think that the Astro’s are the best fit for him. He won’t feel like he needs to be the ace there, they have the prospects to get him (without sacrificing much of the future either since they have a great young core) and would increase their reputation as WS favorites significantly.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Quintana hovering just outside Top 30 in fWAR

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&page=2_30

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 06:22 AM)
pplama7 hours ago

I don’t see the Sox and Yanks coming together on a Quintana trade. Sox would want 2 of Frazier, Rutherford, Adams. The Yankees won’t give that up. If Mateo were performing well, he’d be a perfect secondary piece.. But he’s isn’t, and combining Rutherford with Fowler or Andujar won’t be enough for the Sox to bite.

As a Yanks fan, I wouldn’t want them to get him if it cost any of the players you mentioned, besides Mateo which you mentioned as not being a real piece (I agree as far as a blue chip piece). Maybe Adams and Mateo with some other complementary pieces, but I don’t think that would get it done. And, I don’t think the Sox would, nor really should, accept an offer that doesn’t include at least one blue chip prospect. I just don’t think Quintana would be a great fit for the Yanks. He is a very good pitcher, and any team would be better with him on it, but I would rather the team hold onto those impact players for the future, especially in a year where he has looked rather mediocre, or for a player that I think would strive in NY. I think that the Astro’s are the best fit for him. He won’t feel like he needs to be the ace there, they have the prospects to get him (without sacrificing much of the future either since they have a great young core) and would increase their reputation as WS favorites significantly.

Mlbtraderumors.com

Quintana hovering just outside Top 30 in fWAR

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&page=2_30

I have no idea what's going on with this post. What's with the underlining and who is pplama7? Is this an opinion piece by mlbtraderumors or are they citing another source/article?

If you could just learn to use the quote feature (it's literally clicking on a single button), your posts would be so much easier to digest.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:06 AM)
I don't know who Frorial is but I'd haggle over 3rd piece, maybe get some of their lat am prospects now turning 18.

He's a former Latin signing who is currently 19 years old and playing very well in A Ball. Strong package of tools (speed/power/arm), walks at a decent clip for his age, and sounds like he can actually stick in CF long-term. He's got some swing & miss issues that are concerning, but his ceiling is very, very high. Reminds me of Basabe with more power but a bit less speed.

IMO, these are the types of guys we should be targeting as secondary pieces with our best trade assets or as the primary pieces with our less valuable assets. This recent draft provided us with a ton of "baseball players" to provide depth to the system. Now's the time to sprinkle some athletes in as well.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:25 AM)
He's a former Latin signing who is currently 19 years old and playing very well in A Ball. Strong package of tools (speed/power/arm), walks at a decent clip for his age, and sounds like he can actually stick in CF long-term. He's got some swing & miss issues that are concerning, but his ceiling is very, very high. Reminds me of Basabe with more power but a bit less speed.

IMO, these are the types of guys we should be targeting as secondary pieces with our best trade assets or as the primary pieces with our less assets. This recent draft provided us with a ton of "baseball players" to provide depth to the system. Now'a the time to sprinkle some athletes in as well.

Then yes that's the player type I'm looking for.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 06:25 AM)

IMO, these are the types of guys we should be targeting as secondary pieces with our best trade assets or as the primary pieces with our less valuable assets. This recent draft provided us with a ton of "baseball players" to provide depth to the system. Now's the time to sprinkle some athletes in as well.

I think it would be hard to turn down a package headlined with a guy like Frazier and other pieces that had high ceilings.

Expecting more than that is gambling that Q is going to rebuild his value and you can move him next year. Even then, you might not do much better than that.

I'd take it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)
I think it would be hard to turn down a package headlined with a guy like Frazier and other pieces that had high ceilings.

Expecting more than that is gambling that Q is going to rebuild his value and you can move him next year. Even then, you might not do much better than that.

I'd take it.

Agree.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 07:54 AM)
Real talk, would you guys accept a Quintana for Frazier, Kraprielian, & Frorial deal? Are you willing to gamble on the 2nd major piece coming off Tommy John surgery? My heart says no, that it's too risky, but I'm not sure we can much better.

I'm risk adverse so no. I would pull the trigger on Rutherford, Sheffield & Fowler or Andujar

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:44 PM)
I don't know that I even do believe in Sanchez yet, but that profile is so dependent upon average that there's a lot of bust potential there. That's what scares me most.

Yeah, I absolutely believe in him as a useful MLB player, but definitely not as a type of guy who is good enough that you avoid opportunities to acquire better players as an upgrade. He would be a strong utility-man who could very adequately rest three key positions in the infield, and that's nothing to shake a stick at, especially at arb/pre-arb prices.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 12:52 PM)
Yeah, I absolutely believe in him as a useful MLB player, but definitely not as a type of guy who is good enough that you avoid opportunities to acquire better players as an upgrade. He would be a strong utility-man who could very adequately rest three key positions in the infield, and that's nothing to shake a stick at, especially at arb/pre-arb prices.

But for a guy like Albies?

You address the Sanchez part of the argument here, but not really the Albies part.

Taking into consideration the fact Q has sucked this year or been very average, I think it's obvious an NL team that needs a starter is the answer.

To tell you the truth, I think the Sox actually could save the Cubs season (don't know if they want to). Q would really give them a jolt of greatness (goodness at least) and him being hungry for a pennant would be a breath of fresh air for them. I've heard the Cubs have the WS hangover. They need a guy like Q who could really electrify the north side, at least wake up the Cubs. I dont follow the Cubs so dont know if they need a hitter. Do they need a Frazier? He'd be good back in the NL.

In short, I recommend the Cubs overpay for a Q. Totally overpay. He'd help the Cubs.

Yankees also are a natural fit. Yanks have a good team and Q would be a nice way to stave off the RedSales I mean the Red sox.

I think Cubs and Yankees would be our best bets to get somebody to overpay. And Sox could throw in another pitcher too

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 11:16 PM)
Sherman suggests Clint Frazier, Chance Adams, Jorge Mateo, & Estevan Florial for Q. I'd make that deal in a heartbeat.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Seriously, a top 25 guy, top 50 guy, top 100 guy, and a 19-year-old lefty CF hitting .300 with nearly .900 OPS in A-ball with 8 HR and 12 SB. #DoneDeal

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 02:46 AM)
Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Seriously, a top 25 guy, top 50 guy, top 100 guy, and a 19-year-old lefty CF hitting .300 with nearly .900 OPS in A-ball with 8 HR and 12 SB. #DoneDeal

I'm down for Frazier + Adams + Florial for sure, but Mateo gives me pause.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 19, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)
I'm down for Frazier + Adams + Florial for sure, but Mateo gives me pause.

I'll take anyone with a plus plus tool like that as the third piece of the deal.