Moncada being called up

Sockin

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Single=Throw one Twinkie on the field

Double=2 (or packet filled with 2, lol)

Triple=3

HR=4

SB=??? (Still working on it)

That would be way cool marketing, the Chevy Pride Girls could pick them all up after they littered the field, of course, it wouldn't delay the game at all, haha...

Juvenile humor. Adds no value.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)
The jersey has been ordered.

UA takes over MLB merchandise in 2019. You should have waited. ;)

I do applaud you for getting the real one, though, however. It beats those $30 counterfeit kind.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 06:38 AM)

I do applaud you for getting the real one, though, however. It beats those $30 counterfeit kind.

That can be the Kopech jersey.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)

The winter of 2018 will be the time to re-up on Sox jerseys. The NHL just switched companies and there were some major deals on Hawks sweaters this spring.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 06:42 AM)
The winter of 2018 will be the time to re-up on Sox jerseys. The NHL just switched companies and there were some major deals on Hawks sweaters this spring.

The last jersey I bought was a halfway to St Patrick's Day John Danks jersey back in 2006 or so...it was time to move on :)

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 07:38 AM)

I can instruct a factory to produce them in China for half that if anyone's interested...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
That can be the Kopech jersey.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I bought Moncada for my little brother (replica. I love my brother, but not that much lol). I'll wear my Abreu until then.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 06:53 AM)
I can instruct a factory to produce them in China for half that if anyone's interested...

Hah, you crack me up.

I actually cancelled the gray jersey because I ordered too big of a size and they were out of 44's.

Ordered the black jersey instead.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)

If you look on the right sites, you can find a legit one. I got a Paulie authentic cool base jersey from a site my friend used to order jerseys from for like $40. Had skeptical friends even check it out and admit that it is amazing.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
If you look on the right sites, you can find a legit one. I got a Paulie authentic cool base jersey from a site my friend used to order jerseys from for like $40. Had skeptical friends even check it out and admit that it is amazing.

I'm biased. I owned a sports store in NWI for years. It was put out of business because of these jerseys. We were licensed to carry the authentics and replicas. If anyone can find a flaw in that, it would be me. :lol:

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
I'm biased. I owned a sports store in NWI for years. It was put out of business because of these jerseys. We were licensed to carry the authentics and replicas. If anyone can find a flaw in that, it would be me. :lol:

Sorry about your store. That sucks. Most of the time, you can tell the fakes.

Scott Merkin‏Verified account

@scottmerkin

Moncada went home to 3rd in 11.24 seconds and had a sprint speed of 30.0 feet per second per Statcast

This puts him atop MLB leaders- tied with Hamilton and Buxton for fastest in baseball.

He's looked mostly terrible, but the moments he hasn't have been transcendent. That double last night was nuked, the speed getting to third, he went Operation Meetinghouse on an Arrieta breaking ball...

So hey, it could be worse. He could be hitting .100 with a 30% K-rate and not showing flashes. At least with the ability he's displaying at times you can envision a rough first 100-150 PA's or so being just the prologue in a very successful career.

Still was hoping he'd come up and just destroy. I just want to enjoy a player like that.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 29, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
He's looked mostly terrible, but the moments he hasn't have been transcendent. That double last night was nuked, the speed getting to third, he went Operation Meetinghouse on an Arrieta breaking ball...

So hey, it could be worse. He could be hitting .100 with a 30% K-rate and not showing flashes. At least with the ability he's displaying at times you can envision a rough first 100-150 PA's or so being just the prologue in a very successful career.

Still was hoping he'd come up and just destroy. I just want to enjoy a player like that.

I think he looks pretty good. Can't fault him for his BABIP.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2017 -> 12:05 PM)
I think he looks pretty good. Can't fault him for his BABIP.

Yeah. He seems to keep hitting ropes.

But he's working counts, showing power and hauling around the bases. I'll take it for now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
He is taking way too many strikes at this point. So far I am wondering about his pitch recognition, or if he is too hesitant to swing.

Maybe he knows he has a "free-swinging, strikes out a lot" label and is just overcorrecting.

I haven't really read that he is a "free swinger", I've seen way more accounts of people saying he strikes out looking a lot. Eventually he will learn to foul some of them off but I'd much rather he K looking at a fringe strike than missing a slider in the dirt

I saw him several times in Boston last year and he just looked lost. I think the positive this year is it seems like his defense is okay now that he has gone back to 2nd. So that is a major improvement. Now hopefully someone can work with him on cutting down the strikeouts. I am a little concerned in that Davidson is just as bad and no one seems to have helped him within the system. For Moncada, this year is just getting his feet wet. Hopefully by ST we will see some more contact and less K's.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 30, 2017 -> 04:31 PM)
I haven't really read that he is a "free swinger", I've seen way more accounts of people saying he strikes out looking a lot. Eventually he will learn to foul some of them off but I'd much rather he K looking at a fringe strike than missing a slider in the dirt

I kind of agree. I'm sick of the Tank approach to hitting where guys frankly swing at everything. Even Anderson seems to do that. I kind of agree with knackattack. It seems to me you can't convince free swingers to take pitches. At least Moncada's style has him laying off a lot of stuff a la Frank Thomas. I'd suggest with Moncada's obvious talent I'd rather go this route.

Moncada has a hell of an eye for a 21 year old. Give him more time to hone that eye as well get used to the pitchers in the league and he will be an absolute beast. Ha ha, can't wait til Moncada has guys like Jimenez and Burger batting around him in the lineup.