ALCS: Yankees vs. Astros

LittleHurt05

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to really root for these Yanks. I did not want houston to win, cause f*** them! But seeing Frazier/Robertson/Kahnle do well and have fun is nice. Seeing Judge and Sanchez perform is also cool. This team has a good spirit and it's fun to watch.

Besides, the other 3 options kinda suck (I'm somewhat partial to the Cubs due to rooting for Chicago... but they seem dead in the water).

New York's really set up well for the future with Judge, Sanchez, Bird and Torres...that's an impressive young core (to rival the Cubs/Astros/Indians), not to mention the outfielder they got from the Indians who got injured earlier in the season against us.

Torres will eventually take over at 3B...probably starting the year in AAA, he's just back to taking batting practice again after his surgery.

Even if they don't get the starting pitching (and Tanaka's hitting 93-94 for the first time since his debut season again)...they have the offense and bullpen to bail them out. And Betances has gotten over a rough patch to end the season and looks pretty dominant again.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
With every Yankee win, I despise this trade more and more.

I'm with you, I hated the trade and this postseason did not change that. It did not take much to see than Kahnle's turnaround wasn't a fluke. Robertson may not have been valuable on a rebuilding team, but definitely earns his salary and more on a playoff team.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 03:48 AM)
I'm with you, I hated the trade and this postseason did not change that. It did not take much to see than Kahnle's turnaround wasn't a fluke. Robertson may not have been valuable on a rebuilding team, but definitely earns his salary and more on a playoff team.

Not trying to start a fight and I'll stifle if I'm wrong but Sox fans undervalued Robertson as they tend to do their own IMO at least.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 09:48 PM)

Some guys tend to perform better when they are surrounded by better players. On bad teams stink spreads. See 2005 White Sox.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 12:14 AM)
Some guys tend to perform better when they are surrounded by better players. On bad teams stink spreads. See 2005 White Sox.

That may be the case here, but even before the trade Robertson was having a very good year with a ridiculous K% and only a single BS. He was definitely a top 10 closer at that point. Based on how much dominant relievers have gone for the past few years, most thought he himself would command a T100 prospect in return.

If Yanks or Dodgers is able to win this year with their great bullpen, we should only expect shut down reliever prices to go up in free agency and especially trade market.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 19, 2017 -> 06:14 AM)
That may be the case here, but even before the trade Robertson was having a very good year with a ridiculous K% and only a single BS. He was definitely a top 10 closer at that point. Based on how much dominant relievers have gone for the past few years, most thought he himself would command a T100 prospect in return.

If Yanks or Dodgers is able to win this year with their great bullpen, we should only expect shut down reliever prices to go up in free agency and especially trade market.

I would have thought after last year that would have been the case this year.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 18, 2017 -> 05:21 PM)
I'm starting to really root for these Yanks. I did not want houston to win, cause f*** them! But seeing Frazier/Robertson/Kahnle do well and have fun is nice. Seeing Judge and Sanchez perform is also cool. This team has a good spirit and it's fun to watch.

Besides, the other 3 options kinda suck (I'm somewhat partial to the Cubs due to rooting for Chicago... but they seem dead in the water).

Yup nice to see recent former Sox doing well in the playoffs and again yea f*** the Astros . They didn't want Q or Sox bullpen pieces and I hope they continue the choke. But I should probably thank the Asstros for not wanting Q since getting Jimenez might have been the best possible return.