Update: Machado met with Sox

TheFutureIsNear

Just now, EvilJester99 said:

If the Sox don’t sign either one.. this board will meltdown with all the mood swings going on with just this bit of info.. 

Can you imagine if either of them did the college recruit hat on the table decision.... the mood swings and the amount of posts would be ridiculous.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why is that?   I’m not sure we can place much credence JoeCoolMan’s rumor.

I don't put any credence into his rumor, what made me think that is the fact that the market for Machado is literally just three teams, so our odds are higher than I had thought they would be.  

But my reasoning for thinking we would get Harper is that I find it really hard to believe that he and Boras would leave $50-100 million on the table just to play with the Dodgers, and I personally believe the rumors that he doesn't want to play in Philadelphia.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I don't think we ever got an official time of Manny's time in the Rate.

It was similar. They took him to lunch, then the park, then dinner. 10 hours total. There was a poster on here who works with the radio team who was told that.

6 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Can you imagine if either of them did the college recruit hat on the table decision.... the mood swings and the amount of posts would be ridiculous.

I don't think that's every happening again after the rightful backlash of The Decision.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah that Sox one definitely included dinner which I’m sure Manny will dine with them tonight.

Yeah, but they have 6 hours to make up. Unless they take Manny to a strip club afterwards, Sox win the day!

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really want Machado if he insists on playing shortstop?

He won't insist on playing SS. That was a ploy by him to attempt to increase his value. Whoever signs him will want him at 3B, and that's where he'll play.

33 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’ve been out of the loop most of the day, what’s the latest and greatest rumor? Is it doom and gloom time?

33 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Wasn’t JoeCoolMan part of this group as well? 

JoeCoolMan (aka Chili) claims Machado wanted to sign with the Sox prior to the tour and cancel all his visits, but his agent somehow made him still do them all.  Hasn’t really been much since then, other than the national media hyping up the Yankees and Machado claiming he had an “awesome” visit with the Phillies.

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Did I miss something about a JoeCoolMan rumor? What is that?

On Monday he claimed to have inside info and said the Sox are Manny's first choice and that he'd be staying in Chicago until he had to go to NYC for his meeting. Said that MM was ready to sign with the Sox on Monday. 

• Quin locked this topic