8-19 GT: Tigers @ Sox

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Last year that would have been deposited into the RF stands. I wonder what's with Moncada's loss of EV. 

Do you see any positives? I swear your a negative nellie

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

You take it game by game and use your eyes. That's the beauty of this game and what I always try and argue when I see someone JUST arguing about stats or JUST going off your gut. The right answer is to use both. Use the data at your disposal while also having enough experience in the game to be able to identify issues. 

Based on the tweet from Stone a few days ago and his "non-answer" about Ricky, I think it was pretty clear what he was doing on the broadcast tonight. The former Cy-Young Award winner made it a point, multiple times to mention how Dane didn't look the same in the 4th inning, the stuff wasn't there, he is making his ML debut while also coming back from TJ surgery. He said everything he could without saying "Hey Ricky, get off your ass and get this kid out of here." 

You let him go 4 IP tonight, forget about getting him a possible W, and build off of that. Great debut, but we saw the arm start to go in the 4th. Lets work on building that up. Little by little. Again, it's about nuance. I bang my fist on the table about Ricky not having a killer instinct and worrying too much about big picture and not the game in front of him. And this falls into that same category. Dunning was playing with fire to start the 5th inning, we all saw it. My personal opinion was him going 4 strong innings would have been better for his development, AND put the team in a better position to win tonight. But it doesn't matter now, what's done is done and Ricky is still not the right manager for this team.  

I hear you tony, but the Sox don't have weeks to build Dane Dunning's arm strength up to 90+ pitches and 5-6 innings. The season is over in like 5 weeks. They need him to be a starter now, which is why they're using him, and he's going to have to learn how to pitch through fatigue on the job and shit like this is going to happen. Managers need to see waht they're guys have. Same thing with Mize being left out there. That's a part of the maturation process. You can't just assume your guy can't get out of it becuase he looks a little tired; you need to give him a chacne to show you.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I hear you tony, but the Sox don't have weeks to build Dane Dunning's arm strength up to 90+ pitches and 5-6 innings. The season is over in like 5 weeks. They need him to be a starter now, which is why they're using him, and he's going to have to learn how to pitch through fatigue on the job and shit like this is going to happen. Managers need to see waht they're guys have. Same thing with Mize being left out there. That's a part of the maturation process. You can't just assume your guy can't get out of it becuase he looks a little tired; you need to give him a chacne to show you.

To me, you take 4-5 innings every Dunning start the rest of the year. Can’t see him being a 100 pitch guy this year.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic