Mariners @ Sox, 6/25, 7:10 PM CT

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

They really need to do a serious assessment of what’s wrong with Abreu and whether Robert can come back at anywhere near 90%.

The Indians’ injuries won’t allow a White Flag season, nor can or should it, but it seems they’re just going to have to be satisfied with hopefully making the playoffs and then getting some reinforcements for 2022-23 simply by spending money, since trade capital is slim and none.

There's more than one way to throw the White Flag.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

It really angers me. Bush league in a 9-3 game and plenty of room for the popcorn. Just tell the fricking fans on the way out to not bring the big bag of popcorn again. Some fans ought to run up and buy em some more popcorn if there's time to get a few boxes for 8 bucks a box probably.

Sox have been a bush league organization since Einhorn and Reinsdorf bought the team.  

Anyway, I'm curious how they were able to get that bag into the park.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Taking away that popcorn is bush league move by Sox management in a 9-3 game and no fans sitting where the big bag of popcorn is. Obviously if the popcorn was getting in the way but that's just wrong. I love the way the woman kept eating the popcorn and not looking at the security guard and just kept eating til he took the bag. Sad White Sox.

That's another hallmark of a reinsdorf organization.

That security stooge has no shame.

Perfect cap to this shit game.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Sox have been a bush league organization since Einhorn and Reinsdorf bought the team.  

Anyway, I'm curious how they were able to get that bag into the park.

Greg is more obsessive about concession prices (why not go after airports and movie theatres as well) than Ron with Abreu/tobacco, Poppy with Madrigal or Parkman with Giolito.

4 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

In the Quad Cities, there used to be an old guy named The Road Runner who got paid by the team for every foul ball he took away from kids and gave back to the coaching staff.

He was a real villain that everyone could boo, and cheer for the young kids when they beat him to a ball.  Needless to say, hard to cover a whole minor league stadium in your sixties except on weeknights and day games that were not free ticket giveaways to school groups.

Edited by caulfield12

The Sox don't have a real long man and both Bummer and Heuer have been shit.  If the Sox had a true LR bridge guy and the lockdown setup duo they had last year, there would be 2 less players in the pen when Kopech comes back, Foster would be a 6th inning MR and matchup guy, Marshall would be a 1 inning MR and the pen wouldn't suck ass.  It's trickle down effect.

• Like 1

One of the worse games of the year. Team looked listless.  Collins was brutal. Relief pitchers awful.  Lack of power hurt. Seattle hit us with a barrage of 2 run homers and the Sox none in a home run friendly home park.  Something needs to give soon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Please post a clip of this. Listening to the radio broadcast.

Perhaps they'll get a day off and can avoid the bullpen for the most part on Sunday. Sox are 8-2 in these truncated games, would only be 7 games over without that advantage,

Nancy used to play this.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, caulfield12 said:

In the Quad Cities, there used to be an old guy named The Road Runner who got paid by the team for every foul ball he took away from kids and gave back to the coaching staff.

He was a real villain that everyone could boo, and cheer for the young kids when they beat him to a ball.  Needless to sat, hard to cover a whole minor league stadium except on weeknights and day games that were not free ticket giveaways to school groups.

Not surprising.

I'm surprised the security stooge didn't attempt to confiscate their phones to check for pirated media while he was at it.  Maybe he did and those kids knew their rights and told him to fuck off.

I know that for the most part bullpens are a crap shoot from year to year, but how in the hell were they so far off on this bunch?  The Sox are gonna have the best bullpen in baseball this year.....NOPE.

Never mind, I found it. Could they have just left with the popcorn, which was more valuable than watching the Sox, even if it was stale.

Jerry's goons at work. Poor kid wondering if it's worth it to go to this park again.

E4x2rv0WYAEZ-4G?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by South Side Hit Men

You know I thought it was a covid thing when I saw the water fountains turned off when I went to a game this year....after hearing about PopcornGate, I wonder if it's just a ploy to sell more $8 Dasanis.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Never mind, I found it. Could they have just left with the popcorn, which was more valuable than watching the Sox, even if it was stale.

Jerry's goons at work. Poor kid wondering if it's worth it to go to this park again.

E4x2rv0WYAEZ-4G?format=jpg&name=medium

They’re claiming Southpaw brought the popcorn to them but it was a Covid protocols infraction since too many shared from it.