Mariners @ Sox, 6/25, 7:10 PM CT

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I know that for the most part bullpens are a crap shoot from year to year, but how in the hell were they so far off on this bunch?  The Sox are gonna have the best bullpen in baseball this year.....NOPE.

To be fair it wasn't just the Sox. Most around here said the same thing about the pen. You got a preview of it in the playoff game Dunning started.

32 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is the lineup with Robert, Jimenez, Engel, Madrigal and Eaton healthy.

SS Anderson, 3rd Moncada, 1st Abreu, LF Jimenez, CF Robert, C Grandal, DH Vaughn, RF Engel/Eaton, 2nd Madrigal. 

Now you can see why we aren’t winning that many games? But if we add a good RF and a good/decent 2nd baseman to the lineup until we get back Jimenez, Robert, Engel, Eaton and Hamilton we will have a deep bench where we would be able rotate in guys to keep them fresh.

What we need most is home run power for our home run friendly home park. We are getting out homered by our opposition at home. Need Eloy, Robert and Engel in the lineup to add more power.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

That's another hallmark of a reinsdorf organization.

That security stooge has no shame.

Perfect cap to this shit game.

If I was that security guy I'd have told them where to meet me as they were walking out so I could give them their popcorn for the drive home. Hopefully he did that. Common sense, White Sox. Show some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

To be fair it wasn't just the Sox. Most around here said the same thing about the pen. You got a preview of it in the playoff game Dunning started.

If I recall Hendriks looked pretty good in that one.

Just now, hankchifan said:

What we need most is home run power for our home run friendly home park. We are getting out homered by our opposition at home. Need Eloy, Robert and Engel in the lineup to add more power.

Robert had 1 homer. Timmy and Yoan should get 25 here and there. Power is our biggest problem for sure. It's sad that Eaton, Lamb and Hamilton aren't far behind Moncada and Tim. 

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Out 2-3 weeks...

Not sure why Yoan is continually trashed on this board. Reached three times today, once more than Precious, and leads the team in OPS.

In terms of missing games, he's one game behind Abreu for the games played lead. Had COVID last year and still played all but 8 games, more than Tim Anderson and nearly everyone else.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Greg is more obsessive about concession prices (why not go after airports and movie theatres as well) than Ron with Abreu/tobacco, Poppy with Madrigal or Parkman with Giolito.

Airports and movie theatre prices are disgusting as well. Kansas City airport really is a gouger, ripoff.

However, some airports have chains like Dallas Love Field with Whataburger and that local pizza chain that arent' that overpriced. Midway Airport you can get grub at that foodcourt that isn't ridiculously priced. I usually get a chicken panini at that food court stand that used to have pizza slices. Panini and a softdrink and chips is regularly priced.

Movie popcorn is hilariously overpriced. Before covid I'd go to some movies in the afternoon. I'd buy a popcorn no butter, a normal sized bottle of water and I'd laugh as it was about 16-20 bucks. Ought to be illegal.

Edited by greg775

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Airports and movie theatre prices are disgusting as well. Kansas City airport really is a gouger, ripoff.

However, some airports have chains like Dallas Love Field with Whataburger and that local pizza chain that arent' that overpriced. Movie popcorn is hilariously overpriced. Before covid I'd go to some movies in the afternoon. I'd buy a popcorn no butter, a normal sized bottle of water and I'd laugh as it was about 16-20 bucks. Ought to be illegal.

What’s your opinion on the price of a box of milk duds?

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They’re claiming Southpaw brought the popcorn to them but it was a Covid protocols infraction since too many shared from it.

The Covid protocol makes sense. I never thought of that, however I'd still make sure they got their popcorn on the way out of the stadium.

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

What’s your opinion on the price of a box of milk duds?

I've never been a "buy a box of candy guy" at the movies. Hooked on the one medium sized jug of popcorn and one water. Although our movie theatre has real food now like burgers and pizza which will tempt me if our theatre opens up again. Yumm. But $$$$. In conclusion I never buy candy not cause of the price but I don't need the milk duds during a flick. I do need to munch some non buttered popcorn.

Edited by greg775

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They’re claiming Southpaw brought the popcorn to them but it was a Covid protocols infraction since too many shared from it.

I wonder if Southpaw got a "tune up" for that infraction?

Haniger is 30 years old and is not that far removed from spine surgery and other physical maladies. 

We lost a ton of talent with injuries to  Eloy, Robert, Madrigal ,and Kopech.  Now Moncada and Abreu appear to be playing through injury. As a result, the Sox have a talent deficit that is too deep to fill mid-season, even  with guys like Haniger and Escobar.  

This can't be solved with money alone, We just do not have enough prospect capital to make much of a splash with a trade. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I've never been a "buy a box of candy guy" at the movies. Hooked on the one medium sized jug of popcorn and one water. Although our movie theatre has real food now like burgers and pizza which will tempt me if our theatre moves up again. Yumm. But $$$$. In conclusion I never buy candy not cause of the price but I don't need the milk duds during a flick. I do need to munch some non buttered popcorn.

I enjoy chocolate covered raisins sometimes although they are usually gone by the end of previews.

The last time I was at the theatre they actually had a spot for you to pick up your grubhub order.

• Like 1

Despite the offense doing its best to ruin my night with weak grounders to short I enjoyed my time at the ballpark. Man, did it feel good to just be out in a crowd, will probably haunt me for awhile that they couldn't get that crowd to explode, we were looking for any opportunity, the mini 8th inning rally felt good and the Yas homer but they blew it, wasted a 32k raucous crowd.

33 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The Covid protocol makes sense. I never thought of that, however I'd still make sure they got their popcorn on the way out of the stadium.

Haven't seen security crack down on the beer snake phenomenon this season. Dozens of drunken yahoos assembling hundreds of beer cups across multiple rows and sections. Then again beer snakes add thousands to Jerry's beer revenue. 

Gee, which scenario will security clamp down upon?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, greg775 said:

However, some airports have chains like Dallas Love Field with Whataburger and that local pizza chain that arent' that overpriced. Midway Airport you can get grub at that foodcourt that isn't ridiculously priced. I usually get a chicken panini at that food court stand that used to have pizza slices. Panini and a softdrink and chips is regularly priced.

Movie popcorn is hilariously overpriced. Before covid I'd go to some movies in the afternoon. I'd buy a popcorn no butter, a normal sized bottle of water and I'd laugh as it was about 16-20 bucks. Ought to be illegal.

Sbarro?  Little Caesar’s?

30 minutes ago, wegner said:

I enjoy chocolate covered raisins sometimes although they are usually gone by the end of previews.

The last time I was at the theatre they actually had a spot for you to pick up your grubhub order.

A trick someone taught me in the Philippines, dump two regular sized M&M’s into a large buttered popcorn, makes it so much better.

Haven’t had those raisins in a couple of years, much harder to find in China...have to go to a specialty candy shop.

8 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Robert had 1 homer. Timmy and Yoan should get 25 here and there. Power is our biggest problem for sure. It's sad that Eaton, Lamb and Hamilton aren't far behind Moncada and Tim. 

The Sox are playing groundy instead of grindy. 

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

A trick someone taught me in the Philippines, dump two regular sized M&M’s into a large buttered popcorn, makes it so much better.

Haven’t had those raisins in a couple of years, much harder to find in China...have to go to a specialty candy shop.

That M&M trick sounds decadent....I might have to mix it up with 1 regular and 1 peanut butter M&M.

Why did you do this to me right before I am going to the grocery store??  I am actually not complaining, just asking.