8/15/21- Yankees @ White Sox- GT

soxfan49

Just now, hi8is said:

How many times today could we have taken a lead or tied it up if bonehead decisions weren’t made?

- Failure to challenge play #1 at first

- Failure to challenge play #2 at first

- Error #1 by Cesar

- Error #2 by Cesar

- Error #3 by Cesar

- 18 LOB

- Foster pitching in the 9th

And they STILL made it a game. This gives me hope.

That's a concept many here don't understand.....

• Thanks 1

A team thisclose should have been far more aggressive at the trade deadline than they were. 

Imagine the Sox with Bryant and Votto.

Not gonna happen with this ownership.

The path to the World Series is going through the East. The Sox had to be constructed to deal with that reality.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Have lost two series each to the Twins and Royals, one to the Brewers and now this one to the Yankees since the break. Good thing they had three games against the Cubs.

Fans are assuming the the division is won. I wouldn't assume that just yet.

The division is won. It's not really a question.

I get that White SOx fans are irrationally negative due to the past, but this take is one of the most comical by far.

The White Sox are 19 games over 500 while the next best in the division is 2 games under. No one else in the division has a positive run differential, the closest is -34. The AL Central is full of bad teams. The White Sox are not anywhere near a bad team. They are just getting healthy too, so this take and concern is just terrible.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

How many times today could we have taken a lead or tied it up if bonehead decisions weren’t made?

- Error #1 by Cesar

- Error #2 by Cesar

- Error #3 by Cesar

- 18 LOB

That just tells me we were outmanaged, outhit, and that it would have been nice for Hernandez to have a day off. 

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

A team thisclose should have been far more aggressive at the trade deadline than they were. 

Imagine the Sox with Bryant and Votto.

Not gonna happen with this ownership.

The path to the World Series is going through the East. The Sox had to be constructed to deal with that reality.

Kimbrel was more expensive than Bryant. The problem is Hahn and company have a hard on for big name relievers and think it's wise to invest heavily there.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I get that White SOx fans are irrationally negative due to the past, but this take is one of the most comical by far.

The White Sox are 19 games over 500 while the next best in the division is 2 games under. No one else in the division has a positive run differential, the closest is -34. The AL Central is full of bad teams. The White Sox are not anywhere near a bad team. They are just getting healthy too, so this take and concern is just terrible.

How dare you come in here with…

Logic.

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

That just tells me we were outmanaged, outhit, and that it would have been nice for Hernandez to have a day off. 

It should also tell you that a lot went wrong… that there is a LOT of room for improvement… and despite all of this, we still had a shot.

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

- Error #1 by Cesar

- Error #2 by Cesar

- Error #3 by Cesar

- 18 LOB

Totally Agree!

Just now, hi8is said:

How dare you come in here with…

Logic.

It's like when Jason kept saying he was still concerned with the Twins while they were 97 games under 500, with the worst bullpen in baseball and no starting pitching.

The Indians have given up.

Honestly, even though it's nice to have wrapped things up this early part of me is bummed because none of the games really matter which takes away some excitement. This series was a lot of fun because there was intensity to them, but there won't be many series with that intensity.

When Grandal gets back the lineup gets way more complete and even more dangerous. The key is getting hot near the end of the season, not now. Go through your cold stretch now if you want to; every team has them.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Sox really need at least 3 out of 4 vs Oakland, probably need to sweep to be in a good position to win the division.  Cleveland might get to .500 some day.

Fixed.

Edited by hi8is

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The division probably is won, but I never take anything for granted. This is baseball and anything weird can happen. When they actually clinch, I'll relax.  Yes, the AL Central is full of bad teams. But this next week and a half, the Sox will not be playing bad teams. There is nothing irrational about that. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

eh, rather struggle now than in two months. teams run hot and cold; it's not a terrible time to get a little cold.

I agree. Would everyone rather have the them struggle now as opposed to the end of the season and into the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

In 2005 we had a 15 game lead at the all star break. Indians cut it to 1 game with 6 to play. Nothing is assured in this life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic