Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

In their ability to help the White Sox in 2021, Sheets offers more, IMO. 

I see the window as 2022-2024 so I couldn't really care less about what Vaughn might do in 2026. 

Hahahahahaha ok Jack.  When Sheets is rocking that Charlotte jersey while Vaughn is mashing in Chicago will you come back and change your tune?  Actually, I don't care.  This is too good of a day to spend arguing such nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

In their ability to help the White Sox in 2021, Sheets offers more, IMO. 

I see the window as 2022-2024 so I couldn't really care less about what Vaughn might do in 2026. 

The Sox can't afford to wait on Vaughn to develop. They're better off using him as a chip for someone like Ketel Marte. 

Don't give him away, by all means, and I do realize his potential is greater than Sheets. 

But I think his value to the Sox competitive window is as a trade piece. 

I think your sand castle falls apart when you realize that Sheets isn't a finished product either.  He had some nice splits in some cherry-picked situations isn't equal to he is ready to DH 130 games for the White Sox next year. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Hahahahahaha ok Jack.  When Sheets is rocking that Charlotte jersey while Vaughn is mashing in Chicago will you come back and change your tune?  Actually, I don't care.  This is too good of a day to spend arguing such nonsense.

Idgaf. Whichever guy helps the Sox win. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think your sand castle falls apart when you realize that Sheets isn't a finished product either.  He had some nice splits in some cherry-picked situations isn't equal to he is ready to DH 130 games for the White Sox next year. 

I'd rather they depend on neither. 

They can trade both guys for all I care. Just go balance the lineup with dependable players. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Meh, I don't think that a 33 year old Bassitt away from Oakland is better than Kikuchi or Rodon.

All trading does is to remove an asset, in exchange for the right to pay a guy. Just sign Kikuchi or Rodon for SP.

Then, either Suzuki or Bryant for RF.

Then, I dunno, Villar or Miller for 2B.

Then, let's fuckkng go.

• Like 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

If there were good ones available, then yes. But I think a trade for a SP makes more sense. 

Would they be looking to trade for an established vet or a top prospect ready to go type?

1 minute ago, GoSox05 said:

I feel like they should sign a starting pitcher.  Is that a common stance?

I still think RF is the biggest need. 2B and SP are probably going to be lower priority filled with smaller signings or trades. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I still think RF is the biggest need. 2B and SP are probably going to be lower priority filled with smaller signings or trades. 

Nightengale the last few weeks has made it sound like it will be an upper echelon pitcher 

14 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Meh, I don't think that a 33 year old Bassitt away from Oakland is better than Kikuchi or Rodon.

All trading does is to remove an asset, in exchange for the right to pay a guy. Just sign Kikuchi or Rodon for SP.

Then, either Suzuki or Bryant for RF.

Then, I dunno, Villar or Miller for 2B.

Then, let's fuckkng go.

I was a Villar for 2B guy until I saw how bad he is defensively. I'd rather sacrifice some offense and go get Iglesias or Simmons for some better D. Sox have plenty of offense. 

22 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I meant 2022 btw. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I was a Villar for 2B guy until I saw how bad he is defensively. I'd rather sacrifice some offense and go get Iglesias or Simmons for some better D. Sox have plenty of offense. 

Please no Simmons. You might as well hit a pitcher in his spot. Iglesias also regressed on defense a ton last year. I think at this point we gotta live with a platoon at 2B unless we pull off a trade for one. I personally like a Brad Miller and Leury platoon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, the 2b choices are all a letdown. 

RF & SP are where the real opportunities for gains are right now.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nightengale the last few weeks has made it sound like it will be an upper echelon pitcher 

Bob Nightengale doesn't know fuckin' anything

28 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Yo, can we get a SIGN KRIS BRYANT soxtalk hype going?

I know we have not been connected to him, but i want him. 

I could've swore I saw someone with a blue checkmark 2-3 weeks ago that mentioned the Sox and 3 other teams for Bryant

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Bob Nightengale doesn't know fuckin' anything

I could've swore I saw someone with a blue checkmark 2-3 weeks ago that mentioned the Sox and 3 other teams for Bryant

Bowden has said Sox in on all the RF