Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

19 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm not happy with the off-season to this poin but they can still salvage it. I'd probably grade it a D after seeing similar pitchers/players getting lesser deals. Very meh.

Let's see what they do with RF and if they add another SP.

A lot hinges on what they do or don't do to address those holes.  But I don't like where this seems to be trending.

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Case and point.   You think an owner who is already cheap in handing out long term contracts wouldn't be hesitant in making potentially another risky one here? 

100% the Sox regret that Keuchel contract, and it's handcuffed them a bit here in doing other things to this roster. 

The thing is, being hesitant to hand out a risky contract because it might not work out is such a passive way to operate for a title contender. That leaves you with hoping smaller contracts end up as bargains, hoping current players have breakout/bounce back seasons and hoping everyone stays healthy. And that’s the real handcuffing IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Man some of these AL teams are loading up. Sox should try to sign at least 2-3 more bullpen arms to counter.

Hell, we might as well go full Rays at this point.

Convert Joe Kelly back to a starter.  Let Crochet start in AAA for 2-3 months to see how he fares with his stamina and secondary offerings.  Convert Hendriks back to starter.

Make Kimbrel the closer until he restores most of his trade value.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Well, a weird way of looking at this is if Joc signs next then Conforto has gotta be Hahn’s endgame right?

I think Hahn already got “disappeared” by Thanos and is completely out of the game at this point.

Unless we are bringing Dayan Viciedo back from Japan…

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Conforto or whoever doesn't matter at this point. TOR will steamroll everyone in the AL.

Nice job holding your dick in your hand Rick while other teams raced past you. 

Right, like the Dodgers and Yankees have won every single World Series the past 20 years. 

• Like 1