Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

It wasn't wise money...but what mess? What deal have they signed that hurts them long term or after 2022? Did they misuse funds so far this off-season...yes. Is any move here resulting in a mess that needs cleaning...nope.  Kelly and Graveman were overpays, but will perform fine. Kimbrel is still getting moved and Harrison is just a guy on a short deal. 

I feel like Balta is now going to cite every “short deal” free agent since Jeff Keppinger and how little return of investment we’ve actually gotten back other than Rodon for one season and McCann for two.

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.coveringthecorner.com/2022/3/14/22976853/hey-guardians-its-not-too-late-to-sign-joc-pederson

$12 million for a platoon bat when we already have 5-6 DH’s on the roster sounds about right at this point.

At least Lilian will be pacified, somewhat.

Lillian brought up Tyler Naquin (Reds) yesterday. At $1.5M for one year he compares very favorably to Peterson. I can hear the groaning on this one, but considering the way the OF's are coming off the board...

Just now, bmags said:

guys lets talk about how good that bullpen is though

Joe Morgan cursed the Sox in 2003 asserting we were the best team in baseball that August.

How many of the White Sox relievers in Spring Training last year intimated it was going to be one of the best pens in the history of the game, inviting comps with the Nasty Boys in Cincy and 2013-2015 Royals’ pens.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Don't even bother trying to post anything positive. You'll be labeled a front office shill and and people can't u derstand why you do nothing but defend every move the FO has ever made.

And truthfully, I hate this front office.   I hate their drafting, their development, Free Agency work, and short term philosophy.  

They have lucked their way into building a Championship Caliber Roster. 

And for that,  I'm 100% grateful and positive. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

It wasn't wise money...but what mess? What deal have they signed that hurts them long term or after 2022? Did they misuse funds so far this off-season...yes. Is any move here resulting in a mess that need cleaning...nope.  Kelly and Graveman were overpays, but will perform fine. Kimbrel is still getting moved and Harrison is just a guy on a short deal. 

thanks for the comment and great points, I would say that Kimbrel was miscalculated on hahns part, first to give up a controllable 2b then pick up his option which handcuffs him a bit on payroll.  We will see what they get for him. if they get value then great. Then he messed up by picking up caesar and not giving him his option but maybe caesar wanted no part of the whitesox. You still have holes at RF and now at second while your main competitors are making allstar teams right in front of you. Byond 22 he just has the worst minor league system in the business. thats what I meant by the mess. One mans mess is another mans dream I guess. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yermin for RF!

But he has the best arm of them all!!!  And the range of 2007 Jermaine Dye, but after a second broken leg.

(And yet somehow still faster busting down the line than Burger, Vaughn and Sheets.)

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

And truthfully, I hate this front office.   I hate their drafting, their development, Free Agency work, and short term philosophy.  

That's the White Sox in a nutshell. 

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

The 100% grateful part I get, but why do you feel the need to be 100% positive?

If a front office “lucked their way into building a championship caliber roster,” I’d be less inclined to have unwavering positive feelings towards them.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

Ive been preoccupied w other things, so werent we considering Kris Bryant a while back? Out of our price  range? 

Bryant would be fun for the mind-blowing effect it would have on Cub fans.  Also, because of his versatility, there would be no concern about his blocking our young prospects in a year or two.  I think quite a bit less risk is connected with Bryant than with Conforto.  Conforto could underperform very easily IMO.  Not likely the case with Bryant.  I know he's not left-handed but quality hitters hit.

• Like 1