Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Fine, you can go live under your dark cloud. 

The reality is, The White Sox are a Championship Contender. 

I know it's hard to grasp that, but go ahead and be miserable. 

Haha, I'm one of the most optimistic people on this board. I defend Hahn to a fault sometimes.

I was referring to the "lucked into" part of your post.  They absolutely have a championship caliber team. But they didn't luck into it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Snopek said:

The 100% grateful part I get, but why do you feel the need to be 100% positive?

If a front office “lucked their way into building a championship caliber roster,” I’d be less inclined to have unwavering positive feelings towards them.

Because at the end, no matter how fucked up management  is, talent prevails.  

Just now, fathom said:

Yes it’s good, possibly great if bottom third of the lineup performs. 

Put Conforto in there instead of Sheets and there is no way it not a top 3 lineup in baseball. Without Conforto, its probably more in the 4-6 range.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Put Conforto in there instead of Sheets and there is no way it not a top 3 lineup in baseball. Without Conforto, its probably more in the 4-6 range.  

Any lineup where Eloy ends up batting 7th is one of the best in baseball. That's why I wanted Conforto. He gives the lineup balance and depth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think some of y'all are at the point where you think KW and Hahn should be fired and the Sox should just blow up the current team and have a fire sale of absolutely everyone. Except Moncada and Eloy, they should just be cut because their flaws are so glaring that no one would trade anything for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Snopek said:

The 100% grateful part I get, but why do you feel the need to be 100% positive?

If a front office “lucked their way into building a championship caliber roster,” I’d be less inclined to have unwavering positive feelings towards them.

See. You can't post a positive comment without someone saying you are 100% positive. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Any lineup where Eloy ends up batting 7th is one of the best in baseball. That's why I wanted Conforto. He gives the lineup balance and depth. 

Yep.  Not all hope is lost brother.  Hang in there.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Has there been any rumors surrounding Conforto?

10 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

That lineup isn’t that good…

Eh, you're losing it here. The lineup without two of those guys was top 5 in baseball last year. 

I think Vaughn takes a pretty nice step forward this year and they have a nice top 7. That should put them firmly in the top 6-7 lineups in the game with variance really only seperating them from the top 3. Toronto probably has the best lineup in baseball this year with the Stros close behind - especially if they sign Correa. After that, the Sox could finish anywhere from 3-8 assuming no catastrophic injuries or something.

The problem with the Sox is they need an elite offense because of those top teams, they have by far the worst defense and it's not all that close. 

Edit; forgot about the Dodgers so they're in that top 3 group as well. Especially with Freeman.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

17 minutes ago, Whisox05 said:

Why is everyone still putting Vaughn in lineup. Hahn already said he's going to Charlotte. Rf has to be filled

Not sure if you're being facetious, but Hahn never said Vaughn is going back to Charlotte.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

VaFan?  Eminor?   Even the mods are getting tired of defending the front office…you can tell their hearts are not really in it 100%

Eminor doesn't post enough anymore to qualify as having lost it , but he was in here talking about the bad process if I am recalling right.

Sounds like the market is too hot for Manaea/Montas. Doubt the Sox have the pieces for either now. Wouldn't mind Meadows, either, especially if Kimbrel is in that deal, but Meadows isn't good defensively.

Just now, almagest said:

Sounds like the market is too hot for Manaea/Montas. Doubt the Sox have the pieces for either now. Wouldn't mind Meadows, either, especially if Kimbrel is in that deal, but Meadows isn't good defensively.

Tampa did want Kimbrel last year. Meadows for Kimbrel and some money. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Isn't trading with TB a bad idea in general?