Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

Crazy how Mark Shapiro can still build up a strong farm system despite not getting extra picks but Rick Hahn has only ever managed being in the 25-30 range when only reliant on his draft picks.

10 minutes ago, Lillian said:

As much as I want that LH power bat, I don't think that giving Conforto a 4 or 5 year contract is a good idea, especially at around $20 million per year. I'd prefer a shorter term solution. I'm still intrigued by the thought of trading for Tyler Naquin, for the final year before he becomes a free agent. He hits RH pitching, and plays a pretty decent RF. The cost in prospects should be minimal and it leaves more money for additional starting pitching. 

We’ve come to this.

Who could imagine in 2016-17 we’d be imagining that Tyler Naquin could be the solution to a White Sox WS contending line-up.

Seems a lot more implausible than Rodon’s 2021 by a factor of about 10x.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What would the Sox have had to give up for Chapman? He's good enough defensively, if I was RH, I would tell Yoan, you're back at 2B.

That crossed my mind yesterday. Pretty much the only guy you would move Yoan to 2B for.

Better idea than Vaughn and Burger at 2B.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Just now, caulfield12 said:

This again?  Abreu hasn’t done anything in camp to piss you off yet?

Rick Hahn hasn't done jack squat to help this team contend. The Cubs are actually making great moves. It's more fun rooting for a team on the ascent than rooting for a team that is near the top, but keeps fumbling the ball. 

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Seriously, who hasn't lost it yet this offseason with this bullshit plan? I want to know because I commend you for your patience and your positivity.

I was calm but now I’m really pissed off. It’s like they are just sitting back watching all these other teams get better.

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Seriously, who hasn't lost it yet this offseason with this bullshit plan? I want to know because I commend you for your patience and your positivity.

VaFan?  Eminor?   Even the mods are getting tired of defending the front office…you can tell their hearts are not really in it 100%

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I have definitely lowered my expectations and grown frustrated at past spending patterns returning.  I haven’t lost all hope yet but I’m getting close.  Sucks to be mentally preparing myself to not expect more than a division title as the season dawns. 

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What would the Sox have had to give up for Chapman? He's good enough defensively, if I was RH, I would tell Yoan, you're back at 2B.

Smith doesn’t count any more but they got the equivalent of 4 top 30 prospects from their system which is stronger than ours, including their first round pick from last year. The other 3 are all big league ready. You’re literally talking about Montgomery, Vera, Ramos, and Burger or something like that. It’s the entire white Sox system.

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I mean, what was the plan we expected, Michael Fucking Conforto?    Is this what's making everyone lose their fucking minds? 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Smith doesn’t count any more but they got the equivalent of 4 top 30 prospects from their system which is stronger than ours, including their first round pick from last year. The other 3 are all big league ready. You’re literally talking about Montgomery, Vera, Ramos, and Burger or something like that. It’s the entire white Sox system.

But we still manage to keep Kath, Colas, Popeye Rodriguez and those three young pitchers!!