Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

6 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Kath, Collins and Adolfo for Manaea and Vogt. Does that work?

Adolfo and Collins have no trade value. Kath is interesting, but either as a 2nd piece in the deal or with another equivalent prospect going with him.

Sonny Gray is a very comparable pitcher to Manaea and he was traded to Minnesota for Chase Petty who they took 26th overall in the draft last year. I think most would view him as a superior prospect to Kath, fwiw.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Adolfo and Collins have no trade value. Kath is interesting, but either as a 2nd piece in the deal or with another equivalent prospect going with him.

Sonny Gray is a very comparable pitcher to Manaea and he was traded to Minnesota for Chase Petty who they took 26th overall in the draft last year. I think most would view him as a superior prospect to Kath, fwiw.

What about Thompson or Dahlquist?

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Gray has two seasons of control. Manaea has one. Big difference. 

Manaea should get something back slightly worse than Lynn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

we explode over randoms who name themselves after average fast food menu items

I've read bad takes before, but referring to a Portillo's Beef as "average"  is very insulting. 

And yes, I know there are beef sandwiches as good as Portillo's out there, but Portillo's is not average. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Gray has two seasons of control. Manaea has one. Big difference. 

Manaea should get something back slightly worse than Lynn. 

Lynn was basically a 4-5 WAR pitcher when we traded for him on a very affordable contract. Manaea had a career season last year and barely eclipsed 3 WAR. I don't think they're even in the same league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Lynn was basically a 4-5 WAR pitcher when we traded for him on a very affordable contract. Manaea had a career season last year and barely eclipsed 3 WAR. I don't think they're even in the same league. 

Yeah, but supply and demand. Manaea is the best arm available on a rental deal. 

I think something like Burger as the main piece and Adolfo as a throw-in would be fine. I struggle to come up with a 2nd piece that I'm willing to trade but leaning toward Thompson or Dalquist. Maybe Burke. 

27 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Gray has a second year of control though

• Like 1

• Quin locked this topic