OF Help at last!! White Sox acquire Haseley from Phils

KrankinSox

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Odd, considering his mental makeup was a chief draft aspect on him. 

I mean, after the past two years, you can give people a pass.

Maybe whatever issue he was dealing with was unrelated to the pandemic, but it certainly can't be ruled out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bmags said:

one of the reasons they have no OF depth is because Haseley was part of their depth and he sucks.

Anyway look forward to Phillies signing conforto in an hour.

As a rookie in 2019 he led all PHilly outfielders with 13 defensive runs saved despite making just 59 starts.  I'll take the defense, plus he's a lefty.

Everyone hoping it was Kimbrel in return is crazy, relievers/closers fail all the time and some team (LA) will be looking for one once the season gets going.  Hopefully Kimbrel will be decent in his set-up role and attract some teams attention who is desperate for a closer. Patience people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who was doing that talking? That trade was fucking terrible the day it was consummated.  

Disagree, but time will prove me wrong. The SOX went for it last year and were all in spending the money to sign without question one of the top, if not the top reliever in the NL at the time of the trade.  This was going to be our WS ticket, it's not Managements fault for trying to put the Sox over the top. Blame Kimbrel.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

As a rookie in 2019 he led all PHilly outfielders with 13 defensive runs saved despite making just 59 starts.  I'll take the defense, plus he's a lefty.

Everyone hoping it was Kimbrel in return is crazy, relievers/closers fail all the time and some team (LA) will be looking for one once the season gets going.  Hopefully Kimbrel will be decent in his set-up role and attract some teams attention who is desperate for a closer. Patience people.

He runs like he's in cement compared to 2019 and hits for toddler power. Our right handed hitters can slam grounders off right handed pitching just fine already.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

And you think the Sox need more power?  I think we need defense and situational hitting, we have enough power.

nobody has enough power and just because someone sucks at hitting for power doesn't make them some whizz at getting situational hits. I know we all loved mark kotsay hitting grounders to second base every time up, but at least he wasn't hitting doubles. That would have really set them back.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

You know who was better than Adam Haseley?

Luis Gonzalez, our 6th outfielder last year who is know on the Giants and was actually able to play a good center field.

Giants dropped Gonzalez from their 40 man. He's a Spring NRI. So if the Sox wanted him back, they could easily have done that.

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

You know who was better than Adam Haseley?

Luis Gonzalez, our 6th outfielder last year who is know on the Giants and was actually able to play a good center field.

OOF. And probably says all we want to hear about Mr Adolfo. Must be upgrading from him and Engel?

Edited by Chick Mercedes

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

OOF. And probably says all we want to hear about Mr Adolfo 

Eh let's cut him some slack. Adolfo had a rough comeback after his TJS in 2019, then the pandemic happened with no minors so he started in Birmingham to start the year where he crushed 18 home runs, then went to charlotte where we thought he'd have a 50% k rate, and instead kept hitting dingers but actually cut down on his krate from birmingham (still at 32%). 

Problem is he isn't a versatile outfielder, but I'm sure sox would say now it's 3 deep at CF for Robert > Engel > Leury. But all 3 of them have injury issues.

29 minutes ago, CeaseAndExist said:

Giants dropped Gonzalez from their 40 man. He's a Spring NRI. So if the Sox wanted him back, they could easily have done that.

The Giants keep claiming and releasing White Sox outfielders named Luis, hoping one day Rick Hahn's phone auto completes the sentence in a horrific manner for White Sox fans.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

It was a while ago, sorry cant recall exactly who.

God I hope Nick doesnt turn into a pint size Sammy Sosa

Nick Madrigal roiding up and hitting 600 homers and ruining Norge Vera's perfect game with a walk (only to get picked off) is the dankest timeline.

• Haha 2

• bmags unpinned this topic