5/17 Sox @ Royals Game 1 | 1:10PM CT

Just now, Green Line said:

Lol WHAT.  He was not offensively challenged last season.  He basically carried the entire lineup in the second half.

He didn’t say Grandal was offensively challenged. Just that the catcher position overall around baseball is. 

He is wrong though about Grandal not having a monster year.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

A .940 OPS isn't a monster year? Particularly from a catcher? If you say so.

Not when it's so driven by an anomalously high number of walks.

Fine I just don't think he's a catcher that pitchers can't rely upon and he certainly can't control the running game (that's 50% on the pitchers too).

He's the reason we now have to force McGuire into the lineup so much.

And the division was already settled halfway through the season last year.

I mean, those saying he is great are arguing the same for Moncada but Yoan hasn't actually been a great hitter since 2019.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I love the way Gordon Beckham, former grindy player and much beloved underachiever, just praised fellow grinderman Pollock for his amazing sacrifice fly, and described the White Sox as having a “great” day offensively. They were 5/29 with 2 doubles. 

DJ said last night that the Sox proved they could hang with the Yankees last weekend.  Theyre all blowing smoke up our you know what.

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I love the way Gordon Beckham, former grindy player and much beloved underachiever, just praised fellow grinderman Pollock for his amazing sacrifice fly, and described the White Sox as having a “great” day offensively. They were 5/29 with 2 doubles. 

Because that was par for the course for Beckham after the first four months of his rookie season.

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

DJ said last night that the Sox proved they could hang with the Yankees last weekend.  Theyre all blowing smoke up our you know what.

Losing 75% of your games against NY isn't hanging unless you're the Sox Twins or Indians.

Just now, Capn12 said:

Boy, that slider was beefy, Liam.

As much as I dislike Reese playing so much, at least Liam will throw all of his pitches, when he is back there.

This is going to be borne out even more as the season goes on.

That is if LaRussa is willing to bruise Grandal's ego and do the right thing for the team winning games late.

Should have been strike three there.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not when it's so driven by an anomalously high number of walks.

Fine I just don't think he's a catcher that pitchers can't rely upon and he certainly can't control the running game (that's 50% on the pitchers too).

He's the reason we now have to force McGuire into the lineup so much.

And the division was already settled halfway through the season last year.

I mean, those saying he is great are arguing the same for Moncada but Yoan hasn't actually been a great hitter since 2019.

I just said that he was the team’s best hitter last year and now is just soumping badly and now you‘re talking about his catching siills. 

I think that’s what you call moving the goalposts.