TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

31 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The dude got carried off without putting weight on his leg.  Plenty of reason to be extremely concerned.  Seems as though we may get as close to a best case scenario as reasonably expected.  Which is fanfuckingtastic and much needed news.

Doesn't change the fact that there is a multitude of things to be extremely concerned about with this team and its management, which JGB cannot ever seen to wrap his head around.  They've been awful 30% of the way thru the season, with no signs of turning it around.  Not exactly a cute little sample size any longer.  

He actually took a few steps as he got to the dugout. Messed up groins suck. Falling asleep is difficult. 

He's traveling with the team so it appears it isn't as. Catastrophic as possible.

Edited by Dick Allen

On 5/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Nah. There’s still 140 games to go. The offense will wake up soon.

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m laughing because the board had him as the lock for AL MVP and a top 3 player in MLB a month ago…

To be fair, you were also telling us that the offense was going to wake up, so I am not sure you should be taking a victory lap here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

35 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Question....

Whenever I've had groin injuries, doing anything that involved a deep flexing (knee tucks) has always tweaked me, and riding a bike has always been something that I have to work up to.

Generally attributable to bad form ("you're doing it wrong")? Or is this common?

That would do it. For this since it's not too bad of a strain the seat is probably really high so as not to flex the hip too much. That what would cause your discomfort.  Not to much the knee flexion but the hip flexion to get it there.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That would be incredible.  Of course having him back and actually playing him are two different things for Tony, but baby steps.

It's a good timeline for a moderate Grade 1. 3-4 weeks.

You can bet that there will be more days off those first couple of weeks off the injury.

Edited by ptatc

15 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That would do it. For this since it's not too bad of a strain the seat is probably really high so as not to flex the hip too much. That what would cause your discomfort.  Not to much the knee flexion but the hip flexion to get it there.

Ptatc is there a 'high likelihood' Tim and Eloy will suffer the same injury upon return? Three weeks in this case means six, right?

• Heads22 changed the title to TA out 3 weeks

Cut Moncada some slack. He has been in a lot of videos lately dancing with the hotties and he is just plain worn down. 

I do wonder though how he can dance so much and have no leg issues but when he runs out routine grounders he looks like he has the legs of a 80 yr old. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Cut Moncada some slack. He has been in a lot of videos lately dancing with the hotties and he is just plain worn down. 

I do wonder though how he can dance so much and have no leg issues but when he runs out routine grounders he looks like he has the legs of a 80 yr old. 

You ever have sex with that many women and walk straight??😂

10 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Surprised he hasn't had a groin injury!