7/9- Tigers at White Sox, 1:10

flavum

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

It's not good that Cease and Cueto are the team's best starters

How is this bad, at least for Cease?

And Lucas has been a lot better as of late.

I think our rotation is the least of our worries right now.  I think we have a chance to win every turn at the rotation.  

It's our pitiful offense and bullpen that leaves no margin for error .

• Like 1

JC was fantastic today. 

9 games left before the break. 6-3 gets you to .500. 

Need 3 of those 6 wins to be against the Twins. 

Not going to happen. Don't let today's result suck you back in. The Tigers are not a good team and that starter they sent out today isn't a Major Leaguer. 

Edited by brijames1957
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

53 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I think our rotation is the least of our worries right now.  I think we have a chance to win every turn at the rotation.  

Ir's bad because Kopech's been crap lately and Giolito's been  crap overall. It would be one thing if Cueto and Cease were great and the others were as good as last year. Instead they're in a tier way above the others

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Most of the Debbie Downers go away after the line up they bitched about before 1st pitch actually comes out and produces.

I can't remember the last time they scored early and cruised the rest of the game.  As I recall, it took a few innings to get to Verlander a few weeks ago.

31 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Most of the Debbie Downers go away after the line up they bitched about before 1st pitch actually comes out and produces.

There's a bunch of Debbie downers here... Player can't fart wrong without the so talk experts saying he sucks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoshPR said:

I know. But I do feel if they wanna get good defensively and they could get a nice package eloy would go

You are basing your assumption that somehow GMs and scouts don't see what we see,

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

About to be 5 GB. Just insane Sox actually somehow still have a pulse. 

The division is bad. There are plenty of games left. The Sox have lots of talent.

If they stay healthy, no reason to think they can’t make the playoffs. If they make the playoffs, no reason to think they can’t win a series or two or three.

Also, no reason to think any of that happens.

Edited by Middle Buffalo
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Cueto doesn't have the stuff to strike a bunch of people out and has good movement on all his pitches so he can pitch to contact and not get hit hard. Cease and Kopech pretty much have to strike out over a guy per inning or they'll get hit hard and that's going to take more pitches.

Cease has enough command and movement to make him harder to square up.  When Kopech is throwing 94-95 down the middle he is very hittable.

Have to be fair and post after wins too.

Nice win. The bats were back. Is Sheets getting good? New approach to all fields or what? My guy Jose nearing .300. He's a pro's pro.

Still we'll all be miserable tomorrow if Detroit wins 3 of 4. Would be nice to win.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Have to be fair and post after wins too.

Nice win. The bats were back. Is Sheets getting good? New approach to all fields or what? My guy Jose nearing .300. He's a pro's pro.

Still we'll all be miserable tomorrow if Detroit wins 3 of 4. Would be nice to win.

When we hit homers at GRF we win, when we don’t, we give away home field advantage to the visitors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Agree, Sox have one of the best starting rotations in MLB.  Lack of good OF defense and lack of quality lefties have also hurt.