Official NBA 22-23

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

It is really evident to me that Zach & Demar don't work. One plays in tempo the other is half court.  One is bad in tempo, the other is bad in half court.  Literally they couldn't have paired a worse duo together.  And you saw it last night - the movement and spacing was great in transition and team ran a ton when Demar was not in.  Demar comes in it slows down.  

Not saying who they should pick - and in my mind they should blow it all up - but having both is literally the worse possible decision because they parts DON'T work.  IF you want to try something different while still attempting to compete (again - not what I would propose) than trade one of them. Trade Derozan for a 4 and a PG or something (no idea who).  Or trade Lavine and just get a ton of assets and go from there.  Than if that doesn't work - trade the other later in the season.  

But status QUO does NOT work.  It is so evident to everyone but the Bulls front office for whatever reason.  

I think Derozan + Caruso gets you biggest return.

The rumors around Lavine during the Lillard trades was bulls were not getting good returns.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I think Derozan + Caruso gets you biggest return.

The rumors around Lavine during the Lillard trades was bulls were not getting good returns.

I didn’t know whether it was not getting good returns or Bulls were asking for the moon. I do think if they blow it up they can get a bunch of assets - albeit split out over years plus have cap space which will allow them to be facilitator. I don’t see Akme doing that though. 

It's mind boggling that these idiots (AKME) keep running the same shitty core out there year after year. FOR YEARS literally everybody has know this team isn't even close to being a contending squad. Why are we still running this crap out there? They traded tons of assets, drafted like s%*# and can't even put together a playoff team. This organization is in a horrible spot for the foreseeable future. 

They need to start selling off pieces. Demar's value is probably s%*# right now. Should have traded him last season. Vuc has little value. Zach could net some 1sts with lottery protection probably. Caruso may be our most desirable piece.

The return on selling wouldn't even be great, but they need to tank. Cross your damn fingers you get Cooper Flagg in 2 years. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 12:26 AM, ron883 said:

It's mind boggling that these idiots (AKME) keep running the same shitty core out there year after year. FOR YEARS literally everybody has know this team isn't even close to being a contending squad. Why are we still running this crap out there? They traded tons of assets, drafted like s%*# and can't even put together a playoff team. This organization is in a horrible spot for the foreseeable future. 

They need to start selling off pieces. Demar's value is probably s%*# right now. Should have traded him last season. Vuc has little value. Zach could net some 1sts with lottery protection probably. Caruso may be our most desirable piece.

The return on selling wouldn't even be great, but they need to tank. Cross your damn fingers you get Cooper Flagg in 2 years. 

They're a downgrade from GarPax imo. 

44 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

They're a downgrade from GarPax imo. 

Nah, just the same.  Nothing has changed.

actually I’m gonna consider AKME marginally better because they didn’t fall ass backwards into the 1 pick and shove their hands in their pockets and not know what to do after that happened, yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, just the same.  Nothing has changed.

actually I’m gonna consider AKME marginally better because they didn’t fall ass backwards into the 1 pick and shove their hands in their pockets and not know what to do after that happened, yet.

Garpax nailed a lot of picks and never traded away so many future assets to create a team that can't even make the playoffs. I'll take Garpax over AKME easily. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Garpax nailed a lot of picks and never traded away so many future assets to create a team that can't even make the playoffs. I'll take Garpax over AKME easily. 

Potato potAto to me.  Which form of torture works for you 

It’s just hard for me to separate the end of Garpax.  Their inflexibility and Gar being weird and strangely egotistical and paranoid, the fear of the luxury tax and failure to capitalize on the good players they drafted, the health dramas and just all of the stupid media bullshit that is normal for a Reinsdorf operation.  

AKME mortgaged the future for an idea that we saw could have worked, but the catalyst fell apart and they have been so stupid about all of what followed and look to be on the same inflexible path.  

so, like I said, whatever you prefer.  Garpax certainly had more good times so if that’s your bar, then you would be right to consider them better.

6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

LaVine was traded? 

Trade rumor.

Meanwhile, this current game is a perfect encapsulation of Zach. Subpar for the entire game. Suddenly catches NBA Jam fire to tie it.

But left too much time for Magic. They win. Patrick tries to dribble to the hoop with 1.4 seconds left and never shoots.

This year's team mantra is "too little, too late."

On 11/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, Dick Allen said:

Maybe if the Bulls bring all these guys back next year, then it may work.

What an idiotic organization. Since they couldn’t wait to start fresh without MJ so THEY would get more credit for championships, 191 games below .500 and no finals appearances.

It’s all about that sweet sweet continuity. Whatever the hell that means.