Sean Murphy Traded to Braves

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Pal said:

Man, I'm gonna be pissed when Houston gets Varsho and we see the haul. Would be perfect on the Sox. Will be a superstar in Houston.

Rosenthal is also reporting Houston is still in on Brantley and Conforto and may sign TWO outfielders.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

We have several prospects not named Montgomery or Colas better than the trash the A's just got back for Murphy who was supposed to be highly coveted...

That’s true, I have no idea what happened there.  Guardians have double digits prospects that could have got that done.

I am not disappointed the Sox didn't acquire Murphy as if we're going to be firing off our limited bullets, I'd prefer it before for something other than the catcher position.  But that return is so questionable.  Like how did the Brewers finagle their way into this thing.  Very strange.  

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I am not disappointed the Sox didn't acquire Murphy as if we're going to be firing off our limited bullets, I'd prefer it before for something other than the catcher position.  But that return is so questionable.  Like how did the Brewers finagle their way into this thing.  Very strange.  

Yeah getting Contreras was a homerun for them.

12 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

what were we offering?  I'm guessing we tried dangling Crochet

Sorry. It was a  jokey joke. Basically the Machado situation where the Sox poison pilled their own offer where the Sox pretended to be big fish and got some publicity and good will. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Sox are allegedly in on everything and everyone. But gosh darnit just fall short.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Why did Atlanta cut bait on Contreras so soon? This trade seems like a reaction to all the spending by Mets and Phillies. 

I'm pretty sure the Braves wanted to trade Contreras to Oakland. But Oakland didn't want him and wanted Ruiz instead so they basically flipped him to Milwaukee with Payamps. I'm not sure what the A's see in Ruiz to make them trade a guy like Contreras for him. 

Edited by chw42

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s true, I have no idea what happened there.  Guardians have double digits prospects that could have got that done.

Seriously, how did Cleveland not beat this deal? It's not like Atlanta has a good system. 

• Like 1