Mike Clevinger under investigation for domestic violence

RibbieRubarb

So the woman who accusing Mike Clevinger posted something just an hour or two ago. Timeline makes sense now. If what she says is true this guy is a fucking nut that doesn't need to be anywhere near this team. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

I can't wait to hear the softball questions from the White Sox media to Hahn. 

Scott Merkin:  “So Rick, do you think that should have been targeting on TCU at the end of the Michigan game?”

Bruce Levine: “With Liam out, any thoughts on Kopech as closer?”

Julie Dicaro:  “Why are there no females in your starting lineup?”

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So you'd rather they release him before the league speaks and beg for a lawsuit from both Clevinger and the players union?  This position makes no sense.  

Look as much as I would like to see the Sox step forward here, we all knew they wouldn't without action from MLB.  Manfred has it out for Jerry, so he is leaving them hang in the wind.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I get that the Sox are too chicken-s%*# to do anything until the league makes a ruling, but to put that piece of s%*# in front of a mic on the first day of Spring Training? Seriously, what the f***?

It’s good, better than having him hide behind the investigation.  99 pct of the fans on social media would have been complaining if he didn’t talk.

I get that the Sox are too chicken-s%*# to do anything until the league makes a ruling, but to put that piece of s%*# in front of a mic on the first day of Spring Training? Seriously, what the f***?

I would assume the thought process is rather than have it drag out and make him off limits, get it out of the way now to make it less of a distraction. I don't go out of my way to defend the Sox but there is some logic to it. 

• Like 1

The optimist in me is thinking that they want to leave him out to dry.

The realist in me acknowledges that that is almost certainly not the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

The optimist in me is thinking that they want to leave him out to dry.

The realist in me acknowledges that that is almost certainly not the case.

Yeah I don’t think this is a situation where they’re trying to promote their new pitching acquisition.

12 minutes ago, Baron said:

So the woman who accusing Mike Clevinger posted something just an hour or two ago. Timeline makes sense now. If what she says is true this guy is a fucking nut that doesn't need to be anywhere near this team. 

It is interesting if she really was not the one to first report his behavior to MLB, but only reluctantly participated after they went to her first.

Also, I'm sorry but I have to say it:  "checking for parasites" from "raw goat's milk?"  Chiropractic adjustments?  What the what?

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If he is going to be there, you HAVE to attack this head on and hope he can stay on message for 15 minutes and then shut his mouth.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If he is going to be there, you HAVE to attack this head on and hope he can stay on message for 15 minutes and then shut his mouth.

Yes, agreed.  Coddling him and hiding him from the media would be worse.  Their hands may be tied in keeping him around, but they don't have to shield him from scrutiny or consequences either.

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

So you'd rather they release him before the league speaks and beg for a lawsuit from both Clevinger and the players union?  This position makes no sense.  

Nope, and I didn't say that. But letting this clown speak to the media on day one of Spring Training is dumpster fire s%*#.

11 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

s%*# Bag

I will agree with that but the case against him isn't any stronger based on her revelations today.  

I think if my child had to be tested for parasites due to drinking raw goat's milk I'd have an issue with her upbringing and will have to side with Mike on this.   I can also see health insurance denying this procedures and potential coverage.  If he is denying adding the child to health insurance that is just stupid as there is no benefit to him for this.

Mike also cannot provide her health insurance coverage just because she is the baby's mother....and why he does not need to provide for her chiropractic visits.