2023-24 NFL Season Thread

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Fields was awful. 

Yeah, but he’s not the main story of this game. He gave up 7 points on a pick six. Where was the defense for the other 31? What about the poor special teams play?

The play calling sucked. Fields was underwhelming. The offensive line play sucked, particularly at left tackle. Where was Kmet? Where was Moore? 

7 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He can either elevate this team or he can go. It’s black and white for me this year. Mediocre or flashes are not good enough. 

Maybe Poles sees it through the same lens. Carolina could be bad enough where the Bears could draft a QB high next year. So could the Bears.

Just now, The Beast said:

Yeah, but he’s not the main story of this game. He gave up 7 points on a pick six. Where was the defense for the other 31? What about the poor special teams play?

The play calling sucked. Fields was underwhelming. The offensive line play sucked, particularly at left tackle. Where was Kmet? Where was Moore? 

If you don’t have a good offense or qb - your team will suck. Fields wasn’t good. The defense sucked too - but guess what - the defense was the worst in football last year…I am sure it will be a bit better but the story to me was how shitty the offense looked . 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

If you don’t have a good offense or qb - your team will suck. Fields wasn’t good. The defense sucked too - but guess what - the defense was the worst in football last year…I am sure it will be a bit better but the story to me was how shitty the offense looked . 

That’s fine. It’s fair to say the offense sucked, but I still think it’s more than just the QB. I want to see how the rest of the season plays out before I say Fields is definitively the problem. And if he is, they can draft one.

It's clear as day that Green Bay didn't dominate the Bears going on 30 years just because they had the fortune of having 2 HOF QBs back to back...they are just better at football top to bottom. Their ownership, FO, talent scouts, player development and coaching staff. Most of Love's big passes were to recievers completely uncovered so it wasn't like he made some tough pin point passes. GB's coaching staff put their players in a position to succeed, our coaching staff look clueless, so of course, so do our players. I'm done with this s%*# franchise.

• Like 2

Fields was bad today but not bad enough to be singled out. Literally the entire team (except Santos) was ass today. Getsy's game plan was the most asinine I've ever seen - Fields had 3 passes attempted over 10 yards on 37 attempts. They didn't even TRY to get anything to Moore. The OL and DL were bad. The Packers offense wasn't really doing anything in the first half so the defense LITERALLY just let the Packers' mediocre, inexperienced WRs get as wide open as possible (one time they did this on 2 straight plays as if they were making up for it not working the first time).