2023-24 NFL Season Thread

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

CJ Stroud looks amazing

It’s funny how everything worked out for the Texans picking second in the draft. Lovie Smith helped them more than they ever could have known. If Texas did have the number 1 pick, would they still have drafted Stroud? I’m sure they’ll say yes; but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

3rd and 10 Kmet catch for 11.

Another INT for Bagent. Just couldn't find any open receivers for most of the downs. Had time just nothing there.

On the INT you're referencing he threw it behind the target to the DB.  The other two were failure to read the defense.  Either way the bloom is off the rose with him.

18 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

It’s funny how everything worked out for the Texans picking second in the draft. Lovie Smith helped them more than they ever could have known. If Texas did have the number 1 pick, would they still have drafted Stroud? I’m sure they’ll say yes; but I doubt it. 

Did Poles and company screw up big time by trading away the #1 Pick? Cj Stroud was sitting there for the taking... 

I don't want a DC, but Mike MacDonald of the Ravens is putting together a hell of a resume. 

Not forever opposed to D coaches, however, the bummer for him is being tied to offensive staffs that would be hard to pull from. Todd Monken is awesome, but who knows what of that staff is worth betting your offense on around him. 

Same problem for Lou Anarumou for cincy. Not sure there is that much excitement about what Zac Taylor actually runs to pull from that offensive staff.

Meanwhile, Demeco Ryans was able to pull from Shanahan and found a gem in Bobby Slowik.

29 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Tyson obviously sucked, but really, what he's done as an undrafted free agent rookie, is pretty incredible. I'm not saying he's Peyton Manning, but his rookie QBR is very similar, even after yesterday.

He had an awful quarter - but he is super easy to root for and I still think he has some really positive qualities. It's interesting - what makes a team give a longer run to say him than a Gardner Minshew who clearly is a very good back-up but nothing more.  Romo somehow got that run despite whatever limitations prevented him from being drafted. 

Tyson's work ethic is good and he has thrown some really good balls and thrown guys open really well. Where do you draw the line and say - no he isn't good enough or do you go, wow, just imagine what a year under his belt and where he could go. Cause I'll be honest - I have no idea.  

With Fields - I know exactly why you give him time - you see it in the unbelievable physical attributes, but at the same time, you have pause and wonder whether he can minimize the negative plays (you know he can make the big plays) but can he take the easy plays and minimize the bad ones.  

Note: Bagent hasn't minimized the bad ones, given how many turnovers he has done.  He has minimized the sacks though.  

6 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Did Poles and company screw up big time by trading away the #1 Pick? Cj Stroud was sitting there for the taking... 

They screwed up by not getting a better OL. You flip flop Stroud and Fields and Fields is the one throwing for 400 yds and 4 TD and Stroud is the one who is injured from getting hit repeatedly.