2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If the Bears organization believes a generational QB is NOT in this draft, that’s a tremendous haul. 

There's not one next year though...if you think its Milroe or Sh.Sanders, you get similar arguments as you did/do with Fields and Penix.

Watching the Dolphins tonight...Tua not being able to run vs. Mahomes makes the Caleb Williams pick feel even more obvious.

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

The NFL putting a playoff game strictly on Peacock is bullshit.

Agreed. They are increasing their subscriber base but alienating viewers. Put the damn game on NBC where it belongs.

4 hours ago, Flash Tizzle said:

236 yards in the first half for Stroud against the VAUNTED Cleveland defense. Fields had 166 yards the whole game. But I’m sure that disparity is because Getsy called a terrible game, or the Oline didn’t give him 10 seconds to throw…

Stroud is amazing.  Freaking stud.  Fields isn’t worthy enough to carry his jock for him.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I'll gladly take D.J. Moore + Wright + Stevenson + #1 overall pick this year + 2nd next year. 

Now if he passes on Caleb and he really does turn into Patrick Mahomes... then by all means.

Wrong.  You take the franchise changing QB every time.  None of those guys individually or combined can compare with a stud franchise QB for 10+ years.  Offer that package of players and picks to the Texans for Stroud and see what they say.  In today’s NFL, if you don’t have the stud QB, you don’t have anything.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

No idea what the actual offers will be, but I wouldn't trade away Williams unless I got a haul like that. 

You can’t pass on a stud QB for the second time, if you think Williams could be as good as or better than Stroud.  A huge haul of picks doesn’t even compare to a franchise changing QB like Stroud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You can’t pass on a stud QB for the second time, if you think Williams could be as good as or better than Stroud.  A huge haul of picks doesn’t even compare to a franchise changing QB like Stroud.

Straight up, answer this. The Raiders offer 3 firsts including this year, 3 seconds including this year, and Maxx Crosby for that pick. Do you say no?

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Straight up, answer this. The Raiders offer 3 firsts including this year, 3 seconds including this year, and Maxx Crosby for that pick. Do you say no?

I say no.  You are basically trying to luck into the best QB in the draft at #13 overall.  Good luck with that.  Yes, I know Mahomes, but even he was the 10th overall pick and I wouldn’t put my money on that happening again.

Fields is not the guy.  Ask yourself this.  Would the Texans give up Stroud for any crazy offer you can think up right now, including this one?  They wouldn’t.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

1 hour ago, soulfly said:

I just really feel like Harrison and the best OL they can get at 9, makes the team way better than upgrading Fields with any QB they draft at 1.

So you want to continue to hope that something “clicks” with Fields in his fourth season?  He is 10-28 as the Bears starter.  He doesn’t have it.  You think another receiver is going to make him pan out?  What happened to Mooney this year?  Fields can’t read defenses or make secondary or third reads or throws.  He’s too slow and he either has to roll out of the pocket or gets sacked before he gets the ball off.  It’s pretty obvious that he’s basically throwing to the planned/primary open receiver on most passing plays, which are focused on either Moore or Kmet.  If Moore wasn’t such a stud YAC receiver, Fields’ passing stats would be worse.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

I had been looking forward to the playoffs as I thought it would throw some cold water over the romanticism over building “complete teams” with average QBs. The Tennessee titans of yore looked amazing in regular season.

But unless you have created an all time defense or all time whatever shanahan / lynch have done, the other team you’ll face is also super talented and the QB will always be the wild card.

Its why you should be bullish on AFC teams in the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

@T R Uwhats your thoughts on McDaniel?  Next year they gotta make some noise in the playoffs or that seat is pretty hot, no?

Hot take…but does that team if they trade for Tyreek Hill but maintain Brian Flores have much different success?

41 minutes ago, bmags said:

Hot take…but does that team if they trade for Tyreek Hill but maintain Brian Flores have much different success?

That’s a good question, I’m not sure I am familiar with him and McDaniel (with the Dolphins)enough to know 

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

@T R Uwhats your thoughts on McDaniel?  Next year they gotta make some noise in the playoffs or that seat is pretty hot, no?

I’m trying to reserve judgement because they were missing 6 defensive starts and playing in crazy weather BUT they were 8-3 and folded last season, 9-3 and folded this season. If it happens again next year you have to fire him. 

Also, not so sure Tua is the guy anymore. He’s a one read guy with no stand out traits or athleticism. I wouldn’t extend him. 

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Goodbye McCarthy.

I guess the one thing I should have really considered is the amount of McCarthying that would be done here in this game, and he has come through so far 

Bears can get Prescott for a song lol.

Just goes to show the difference between elite and second tier QBs.

Tua also looked elite but not athletic/dynamic enough like a Love. Looking more like a product of having the fastest receivers and backs in the league...slightly ironic only winning team Miami beat was Dallas.

(Dallas simply can't have good playoff luck in both sports.)