April Fools Joke White Sox DFA Jake Diekman

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I get that this is most likely a joke, but he really should have been DFA before the season. I trust Banks way, way more than this guy.

I agree. Consider how hard it is to have a disastrous trade in which what you gave up is Ryan McGuire. Yet Hahn accomplished it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I agree. Consider how hard it is to have a disastrous trade in which what you gave up is Ryan McGuire. Yet Hahn accomplished it.

Hahn....the real value in the trade is that we have Diekman for 2022 and 2023

Red Sox....you mean we can get rid of Diekman and his salary for this and next season and all we have to do is take on a chronic self love enthusiast?....deal!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Hahn threw in a prospect of sorts, as well. He'll pitch with Boston's AAA team.

Edited by GreenSox

I actually believed this and was so happy for just a moment. I'd rather get rid of the whole bunch of relievers cept Lopez and pitch 22 year olds from our farm system. The Joe Kellys and Graveman's and Diekman's make me illish.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

I actually believed this and was so happy for just a moment. I'd rather get rid of the whole bunch of relievers cept Lopez and pitch 22 year olds from our farm system. The Joe Kellys and Graveman's and Diekman's make me illish.

That was the whole point...the farm system didn't or couldn't produce reliable relievers.

See the failure to fill out a roster around Sale Q Eaton Anderson Abreu from 2013-2016.

• bmags changed the title to April Fools Joke White Sox DFA Jake Diekman
11 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

In reality, I’d say he has about two weeks to show he’s an adequate MLB pitcher.  

If the dude could just limit the walks he’d be serviceable 2nd lefty in the pen. Of course he’s shown very little ability to do that in his career. 

The Diekman trade was very dumb from the get-go.  Unfortunately, it seems highly likely he will be released when Crochet returns unless he quickly figures his s%*# out in the next two months.  Short of injury, I just don’t see room for a third lefty when we’ll eventually have five righties without options plus a guy in Lambert who shown to be far more useful.  I think this is only a matter of when and not if.

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the dude could just limit the walks he’d be serviceable 2nd lefty in the pen. Of course he’s shown very little ability to do that in his career. 

What’s crazy is that he actually lowered his BB% after coming here from Boston, but almost doubled his H/9.

Some of that can be attributed to poor defense and bad defensive positioning, as he did improve his GB%.

Either way, he has looked nothing but horrible in a White Sox uniform. He is regularly behind in the count and does nothing but put runners on base. 2+ WHIP in a White Sox uniform speaks for itself. 

• Like 1