Sox win; split series @HOU

ChiSox59

For real, let's look at some positives:

• Moncada seems to have carried over his WBC play.
  • The outfield defense went from looking horrendous the past two years to ... something we can possibly be confident in?
  • 45 hits in a 4 game series!
  • Dylan fuckin' Cease man.
  • Lynn, Giolito, and Clevinger all put the team in position to win.
  • Team is leading the league doubles - we're no longer singles power only.

I'll give Grifol more time to figure out the bullpen than a four game set to start the season against the Astros. Right now, things feel good.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Was not a fan of the Clevinger signing when it happened. And when the charges came out, I went nuts and we’ve been ok with a  DFA and eat the contract. Yes he pitched good today. I don’t have to like him, or invite him out to lunch. It’s a one year deal. We don’t have many alternatives currently so we have to live with this. But he did pitch well. Nunez should be read next year  

44 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Was not a fan of the Clevinger signing when it happened. And when the charges came out, I went nuts and we’ve been ok with a  DFA and eat the contract. Yes he pitched good today. I don’t have to like him, or invite him out to lunch. It’s a one year deal. We don’t have many alternatives currently so we have to live with this. But he did pitch well. Nunez should be read next year  

Whos Nunez? 

• TLR 1

Very happy with a split in Houston, depleted or not they still have a ton of talent. Absolutely incredible how many two out RBI's they produced in this series.

Colas is impressing me more and more everyday. Kid will eventually have to make adjustments as teams get a book on him but right now he looks like he belongs and knows what he's doing. 

Starting pitching has been solid, kept them in games.

The bullpen?

Well....maybe when Crochet and Hendriks return it will get better.

By the way the Sox game Monday starts now at 1:10 Chicago time to try to beat the rain. Moved up an hour.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Very happy with a split in Houston, depleted or not they still have a ton of talent. Absolutely incredible how many two out RBI's they produced in this series.

Colas is impressing me more and more everyday. Kid will eventually have to make adjustments as teams get a book on him but right now he looks like he belongs and knows what he's doing. 

Starting pitching has been solid, kept them in games.

The bullpen?

Well....maybe when Crochet and Hendriks return it will get better.

By the way the Sox game Monday starts now at 1:10 Chicago time to try to beat the rain. Moved up an hour.

2:10, it was at 3:10

8 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm satisfied. If the Bullpen was doing a consistent job, then I'm made happy.

Colas from what I understand has soaked up every bit of hit coaching they threw at him for going on 2 years. He'll be able to make adjustments probably.

Just now, bmags said:

I think everyone’s priors are confirmed but for me that is that power is good and we win games with power as we have for 2 decades.

moncada / Grandal power is extreeeeemely good

After four games against a formidable Astros hitting staff, the Chicago White Sox currently lead the majors in XBH.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s only four games, but the team just looks more engaged.  Good series against the world champs 

Totally agree. Just running to 1B has changed dramatically. Moncada had 4 doubles and 3 homers through June last year. He’s almost there after 4 games. Grandal looks so much better, and while defensively he still has issues, he’s one of the few catcher in MLB who has thrown out a base runner. Robert looks like the 2020 version with the glove, and the bat seems to be ready to pop. TA looks great. Andrus concerns me, but I do think hit 2000 is weighing on his ABs. The starters look good. Right now the shakiness is the bullpen. But it’s one series. That can turn around. I’m much happier now than I have been in a year about this team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Sorry, had a brain fart. I meant Norge Vera  

Knowing the FO and Ownership after Clevinger performance today they may be working on a contract extention 🤣🤣🤣 Only Kidding but I wouldn't put it past these idiots, they're are always bottom feeding looking for the cheapest way. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

20 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It’s only four games, but the team just looks more engaged.  Good series against the world champs 

In retrospect, as dumb as that move was by Moncada in the first game, it did show a passion and a fire that I hadn't seen from him before.  It's probably easier to say in hindsight because we won the game but I admired his instinct even if it was wrong in the situation.

• Like 2