3 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

kopech wasn't one of the sticky stuff guys right? the last 3 years have been a blur, i can't remember.

Nope. He has great spin rate on his fastball and it's all natural.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Kopech dealt with injuries last season but had a 1.19 WHIP. People here are ready to give up on him after 1 start? Let's slow our rolls. 

Definitely willing to give him more than one start, tons of good starters got shelled opening week. It happens, and one game doesn't make a pattern...yet. Thankfully the rest of the rotation is looking pretty solid in the meantime.

1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Been hearing about Kopech's potential since he was traded for in 2016. What year is it again? 

It’s crazy is that we’re in the era of starters throwing harder than ever, and then you get a guy with an incredible arm and he’s throwing 91 mph fastballs at times.  Today actually looked like the start he had when he blew his elbow out.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Offense is useless now and BTW this is the smallest opening day crowd I recalI

Tickets were expensive, particularly in the lower bowl. I wouldn’t have gone for that reason alone. It’s better to go later on in the month and watch the other games on TV.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s crazy is that we’re in the era of starters throwing harder than ever, and then you get a guy with an incredible arm and he’s throwing 91 mph fastballs at times.  Today actually looked like the start he had when he blew his elbow out.

Caleb Martin/Norge Vera or bust.

Kopech used to at least be dominant in first halves before falling apart down the stretch or getting injured.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Kopech seems destined for the bullpen soon. Let him go out there and rip for an inning at max velocity. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Tickets were expensive, particularly in the lower bowl. I wouldn’t have gone for that reason alone. It’s better to go later on in the month and watch the other games on TV.

So dynamic pricing sabotaged a sellout?  Or they weren't going to sell it out period without dramatic upper deck seat discounting?