4/10- Sox at Twins, 1:10

flavum

Jimenez, Moncada now Anderson dealing with issues. LOL.

Nothing ever changes.

Anderson isn't the "face" of the franchise, he's the face of the injured list! 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Jimenez, Moncada now Anderson dealing with issues. LOL.

Nothing ever changes.

Literally every team has guys hurt.  Look at Twins.  Kepler IL, Kiriloff IL, Polanco IL, Correa hurt back, Gallo hurt hammy. Buxton isn't going to play the OF until mid May at the earliest.  Its just baseball.  Guys get dinged up.  But I know that won't stop you from thinking this is something unique to the White Sox.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Literally every team has guys hurt.  Look at Twins.  Kepler IL, Kiriloff IL, Polanco IL, Correa hurt back, Gallo hurt hammy. Buxton isn't going to play the OF until mid May at the earliest.  Its just baseball.  Guys get dinged up.  But I know that won't stop you from thinking this is something unique to the White Sox.  

Injuries happen. Keeps me employed! 

I'm over Moncada. He just doesn't love the game and only plays when he feels 100%. Well newsflash, none of us feel 100% every day but we all still work and do what we have to do. He is getting paid too fing much money to be sitting laughing in the dugout. 

If anyone is willing to trade for him do it. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I'm over Moncada. He just doesn't love the game and only plays when he feels 100%. Well newsflash, none of us feel 100% every day but we all still work and do what we have to do. He is getting paid too fing much money to be sitting laughing in the dugout. 

The thing is there is enough of a track record for guys like Moncada, Jimenez, Anderson, Robert the "so-called" keys to the rebuild for the Sox to know... absolutely know that they were going to get hurt yet again. Like 59 wrote it's part of baseball.

So what does the brain-trust do?

Basically nothing over the off-season to build up depth which they basically knew they were going to need. It's not a mystery with these guys. the slightest twinge and they go on the IL.

That's some great front office isn't it? But it does give them an excuse again when things go south...'Oh well...you know it was all the injuries!' 🤡

By the way now with Middleton up, the Sox have three non-roster invitees on the 26 man roster. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

59 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Nobody is taking that contract without the Sox eating half. He gets healthy and has a good year and you might be able to get someone to take him for 1/15 in '24 which would be eating $14M, which includes his $5M buyout at the end of the season. 

Moncada is a good player when healthy, he's just not worth $24-29M per year. This year at $17M is probably fair for him. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I can’t tell if this is satire or not. 

• Like 2

For those who didn't see the play here is how DVS described it at the Sun-Times:

"Anderson got turned around near third base during a rundown and got clipped on the knee by a sliding Matt Walner in the third inning. Anderson is being further evaluated and wasn’t available after the game.

Anderson clutched his knee and writhed in pain momentarily, but got up and stayed in the game. He grounded out to first base in the third inning but was replaced by Elvis Andrus, who moved over from second base, in the sixth inning."

1 hour ago, fathom said:

It's always "precautions" only to find out it's a trip to the IL thereafter. 

New training staff, new dugout manager, new coaches and the nagging injuries just keep finding us.    I don't know if this Core, had they been 99% healthy for their careers, would have amounted to a perennial winner currently.  But it sure sucks to have never found out.   

• Like 1

Watched the play again several times at various speeds. It was set up by fundamentals that would make a Little League team blush but the Sox have been guilty of poor fundamentals for years.

Anderson stuck his left leg out, kind of splayed, almost on his knees, trying to grab the throw with his bare hand to keep it from going into the dugout or out of play and as the runner was sliding head first, it looked like his left knee banged Anderson left knee.

Freak thing but then freak things seem to be normal for the Sox injury prone players.

The good news is he played a few innings after it happened so it's not likely a torn ligament or meniscus. Don't know how you could stay on the field if it was. Maybe a good sprain however and that can keep you out for awhile. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Huzzah.  The Twins are dumb.  Their fans weirdly all have blonde hair and they actually redesigned their uniforms to make them even more boring

I think their redesign has them with one of the best sets in baseball. Clean, classic and simple, just like the Blue Jays did. Teams like the Braves and Mariners could use a similar update.