This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

On 4/23/2023 at 10:19 AM, The Kids Can Play said:

No, if it makes a loyal fan that upset then by all means they should revoke their fandom. However if most frustrated Sox fans instead would show Jerry in another direct message, by refusing to attend games anymore and send the POS owner a serious message the fans are fed up and had enough! The die-hard fans once and for all must send a statement to this apathetic and arrogant owner that his lack of caring and disrespect to his loyal fans, which is destroying the team they love and support, will no longer be tolerated. 

I realize this won't happen to the degree it needs to, but if it did, I truly believe change would happen. 

They get most of their money from TV nowadays.  They don’t care about in person attendance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

7 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Grandal isn't going to bring back much and should probably be traded before he gets hurt again. Grandal to the Yankees or Mets makes some sense. 

Trades so far do nothing for this team.  The team is better off letting contract expire.  They are bad at trading. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Does anyone think this team as is could go 66-70 the rest of the way to avoid losing 90?  

I think that is within the realm of possibilities. They had an 8 game losing streak in April of 22 and I remember joking that it looked like the Mon-Stars stole all their baseball abilities because of how awful their play was, particularly on defense. They recovered and somehow wound up a .500 team, although that took things like “Cueto” and “Andrus is a God” to happen. 

They’re not as bad as the As. I would have guessed they were a 4th place team this year because they’re always a 4th place team under Hahn. This team will fall behind the Royals if they’re even close to this bad. Are they truly this bad? Maybe, maybe not. This is really bad.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Does anyone think this team as is could go 66-70 the rest of the way to avoid losing 90?  

They can't possibly be as bad as they have started, however, they are very clearly a .500 or worse team so I would put money on this being a 90 loss team this year based solely on the hole they have dug themselves in to start the year.

No clue when Moncada will be back, the pitching aint it this year. They are losing 90.

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I think that is within the realm of possibilities. They had an 8 game losing streak in April of 22 and I remember joking that it looked like the Mon-Stars stole all their baseball abilities because of how awful their play was, particularly on defense. They recovered and somehow wound up a .500 team, although that took things like “Cueto” and “Andrus is a God” to happen. 

They’re not as bad as the As. I would have guessed they were a 4th place team this year because they’re always a 4th place team under Hahn. This team will fall behind the Royals if they’re even close to this bad. Are they truly this bad? Maybe, maybe not. This is really bad.

Playing .500 baseball the rest of the way feels like a tall task to me.  3 more with the Rays, then 3 with the Twins.  Even if they win a game in that stretch, that's still a 1-5 to add on top of 8 straight losses.  These games aren't even competitive any more.  The hole they will have dug by the time they break this skid might just be too deep.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, T R U said:

They can't possibly be as bad as they have started, however, they are very clearly a .500 or worse team so I would put money on this being a 90 loss team this year based solely on the hole they have dug themselves in to start the year.

No clue when Moncada will be back, the pitching aint it this year. They are losing 90.

90 is 100% a lock at this point. The real question is do they completely implode and lose over 100? It could happen with a few trades and a few more injuries. I also suspect Cease gets shut down sometime in August to preserve his arm for next year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

They get most of their money from TV nowadays.  They don’t care about in person attendance.

I get where the Sox make their money. My point is not about the money...it's about the fandom and support of fans. If ideally the fans don't show up and every night possibly the team plays in front of a very empty stadium, then that is an embarrassing look. Whether they still make money is irrelevant. They can make all the millions they want. What is important is the fact it's a huge embarrassment that his your fans don't have any interest in going to the games. You cannot tell me that in some form that wouldn't be embarrassing to Jerry. Jerry and the FO need to be as brutally embarrassed as possible to the rest of baseball America while they make their millions.

The fact is Jerry has always been arrogant and has a massive ego. If an empty stadium wouldn't bother or embarrass him, then he really is suffering from senility and serious cognitive brain loss. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I get where the Sox make their money. My point is not about the money...it's about the fandom and support of fans. If ideally the fans don't show up and every night possibly the team plays in front of a very empty stadium, then that is an embarrassing look. Whether they still make money is irrelevant. They can make all the millions they want. What is important is the fact it's a huge embarrassment that his your fans don't have any interest in going to the games. You cannot tell me that in some form that wouldn't be embarrassing to Jerry. Jerry and the FO need to be as brutally embarrassed as possible to the rest of baseball America while they make their millions.

The fact is Jerry has always been arrogant and has a massive ego. If an empty stadium wouldn't bother or embarrass him, then he really is suffering from senility and serious cognitive brain loss. 

Fans were wearing bags over their heads and you could see a few of them on the broadcast, obviously they didn't talk about them on air but s%*# like that, sell the team signs, chants/boos, it all makes a difference 

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Hell no! They are destined to lose over 90 games and maybe even more!

Don't forget, if this team is the 3rd worst record near trade deadline as they are now, then the FO dumb-shits will be sellers and get rid of many players. Thus they would need to bring up "not ready" players from the 27th ranked farm system and then for sure they would finish with over a 100 losses.

Frankly I want to see that happen. I want only the worse results to happen to the POS JR and his loser knucklehead FO. As they make their millions at least they can be embarrassed along the way. 

11 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Fans were wearing bags over their heads and you could see a few of them on the broadcast, obviously they didn't talk about them on air but s%*# like that, sell the team signs, chants/boos, it all makes a difference 

Well even if the Sox broadcast booth and cameras don't want to show it, I'm quite sure the social media, especially the Twitter world, will be glad to show it. 

1 hour ago, LittleHurtCG said:

90 is 100% a lock at this point. The real question is do they completely implode and lose over 100? It could happen with a few trades and a few more injuries. I also suspect Cease gets shut down sometime in August to preserve his arm for next year. 

Yeah I guess I didn't think about them selling off, although I find it hard to believe they will go that route. I don't think they will realistically lose 100 games but that's definitely on the table if Cease gets shut down and players like Lynn, Grandal, Giolito get dealt at some point for whatever you can get.

17 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

You have to figure a team that draws 30,000 average per game which is reasonable is bringing in over 100 million in ticket sales alone.  Add parking, concession profits, etc it ends up being a load of money, probably enough to cover most of payroll.  Cut that by two thirds if only 10000 buy tickets and the difference is huge.  Regardless of TV money that is a lot of cash to walk away from.

8 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

"but Andrew Benintendi, Chicago’s big free-agent addition — his five-year, $75 million deal represented the largest guaranteed contract in club history — has hit a thin .283/.333/.337 (88 wRC+). Luis Robert Jr. has been underwhelming (.223/.252/.427, 80 wRC+). Elvis Andrus, re-signed in late February, has been sub-replacement level (.187/.250/.220, 31 wRC+), as has rookie Oscar Colás (.221/.284/.294, 64 wRC+). Part-time infielders Lenyn Sosa and Romy Gonzalez have combined for 78 PA; the former has a 1 wRC+, the latter -6. Somebody open a window, please.

The White Sox can’t even point to a lack of luck — an abundance of hard-hit balls that aren’t turning into hits — in accounting for their offensive struggles. On a team-wide basis, their 6.9% barrel rate is 21st in the majors, but their 87.5 mph average exit velocity and 34% hard-hit rate both rank among the bottom six teams. Their .362 xSLG is 28th, three points below their actual SLG, and their .287 xwOBA is dead last, two points below their actual wOBA. Individually, only Anderson, Vaughn, third base fill-in Jake Burger, and part-timer Gavin Sheets have xwOBAs above .291. A terrible performance deserves a terrible joke: This team is xwOBAgone."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

They were pretty close to getting swept in a 4-game series by the Royals. Yikes.

Yep. Royals will pass them by soon enough. 

Aren't we all excited to watch Han trade away pieces fro more Ryan Cordells and Charlie Tilsons soon?? 

• Haha 1