This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Once they cut bait in a month it'll be closer to 95 losses which is fine with me, maybe that will force JR's hand. 

Hopefully we're 20 under in mid-July and they sell EVERYONE. Keep Robert, Cease, and Kopech. Sell EVERYONE else, even if it's for pennies on the dollar. This core needs to be blown up so we can have a chance to reboot this thing. 

Of course, it's all folly as long as Jerry owns the team but at least we might get some players that we care about. 

• Like 2

So the Sox had one little stretch this season they played OK. What an abysmal joke of a season. I wonder if LaRussa coulda had these stiffs play .500 for the season or if the team was destined to be worse than last year no matter what.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

So the Sox had one little stretch this season they played OK. What an abysmal joke of a season. I wonder if LaRussa coulda had these stiffs play .500 for the season or if the team was destined to be worse than last year no matter what.

In-between his dugout naps and shitting his pants? No, this team would be the same if not worse with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • TLR 1

Yea, this team is done, for the foreseeable future at least . it will be years before they can even sniff the post season again . whenever the Sox drop out of contention, i usually find another team to follow, even though I will still watch the Sox . this year it's the Reds and /or the Marlins.

5 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

In-between his dugout naps and shitting his pants? No, this team would be the same if not worse with him.

This team would have been infinitely better with him in the dugout. So good in fact there would be dozens of threads declaring this is a team that should easily win the division except TLR is blocking them with poor managing. 

• TLR 1

12 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Between 124 teams in the 4 major professional leagues (NFL,NHL,MLB & NBA) I would have to believe we have to be ranked 124 in overall management 

Detroit Lions are pretty inept. The Knicks?

10 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Hopefully we're 20 under in mid-July and they sell EVERYONE. Keep Robert, Cease, and Kopech. Sell EVERYONE else, even if it's for pennies on the dollar. This core needs to be blown up so we can have a chance to reboot this thing. 

Of course, it's all folly as long as Jerry owns the team but at least we might get some players that we care about. 

Why keep Robert, Cease and Kopech? I could squint and see why to keep Robert but Cease and Kopech are gone in two years anyway, and Robert is gone at the end of his deal so what is the point? 

9 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

Why keep Robert, Cease and Kopech? I could squint and see why to keep Robert but Cease and Kopech are gone in two years anyway, and Robert is gone at the end of his deal so what is the point? 

What??? Robert is a 5-6 WAR player even when he isn’t really that into it. Why keep anyone at any time if you’re not going to keep a 5-6 WAR stud you’re paying 9.5 million for this season?

48 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

What??? Robert is a 5-6 WAR player even when he isn’t really that into it. Why keep anyone at any time if you’re not going to keep a 5-6 WAR stud you’re paying 9.5 million for this season?

You think they're going to win anything by the end of Robert's deal? I don't. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

So, you would deal him for what? 6 prospects? 8 prospects? What that you could get back for the rest of Robert’s contract makes us a winner? Anyone acquiring him isn’t giving up proven ML talent. What that we get back makes us a winner by the end of Robert’s contract? 

7 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

He’s controlled through 2028. Haha. That’s 5 more season. Who knows what could happen. Sox would need to get a historic return to move Robert. 

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

So, you would deal him for what? 6 prospects? 8 prospects? What that you could get back for the rest of Robert’s contract makes us a winner? Anyone acquiring him isn’t giving up proven ML talent. What that we get back makes us a winner by the end of Robert’s contract? 

The Trout - Ohtani conundrum.

makes no sense to keep productive players if the supporting cast is shite.

might as well try to sell ‘em off and use the returns to build an actual core.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoeC said:

The Trout - Ohtani conundrum.

makes no sense to keep productive players if the supporting cast is shite.

might as well try to sell ‘em off and use the returns to build an actual core.

But do you trust the inept Angels organization to build with trade return what they can’t with standard drafting and ML scouting? I don’t trust the White Sox to do that certainly. 

My plan is to follow individual players I like and stop thinking this stupid org is going to win anything soon. Luis Robert remains a player I like to watch and root for. There’s a few on this team. 

There’s no way this clown show of an org will win anything ever again in mine or your lifetime. Once you let all that go and just get back to enjoying whatever about this shitshow you can, things get a lot better

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I'd try to get something similar to the Sale/Quintana/Eaton deals. 

Those were good at the time but it's a shame Giolito has been the most consistent player. Nobody knew those guys were all gonna get hurt and lose their talent. 

Edited by baseballgalaly