This team is going to lose 90 plus games...

LittleHurtCG

29 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

But do you trust the inept Angels organization to build with trade return what they can’t with standard drafting and ML scouting? I don’t trust the White Sox to do that certainly. 

My plan is to follow individual players I like and stop thinking this stupid org is going to win anything soon. Luis Robert remains a player I like to watch and root for. There’s a few on this team. 

There’s no way this clown show of an org will win anything ever again in mine or your lifetime. Once you let all that go and just get back to enjoying whatever about this shitshow you can, things get a lot better

Yeah, I guess you and I are after different things, then.

Cordially agree to disagree, then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Yeah, I guess you and I are after different things, then.

Cordially agree to disagree, then.

Yes, I would like this team to win a championship. There is not a chance they will be able to do that while Reinsdorf is still owner, because you would have to luck into the perfect storm of player development, trades, FA signings, and timing that represents a 1 in 100,000,000,000,000 chance that occupies the calendar year of our Jerry 2005. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yes, I would like this team to win a championship. There is not a chance they will be able to do that while Reinsdorf is still owner, because you would have to luck into the perfect storm of player development, trades, FA signings, and timing that represents a 1 in 100,000,000,000,000 chance that occupies the calendar year of our Jerry 2005. 

Celebrity gif. Gavin Free, considers, speaking into a broadcast microphone and professing with a smile "That is right, You are correct," pointing for emphasis.

Hence why the betting odds for the White Sox this year to win the 2023 World Series championship is currently at +15,000.

• Hawk 1

1 hour ago, Greg Hibbard said:

How can there be no chance to win a championship under the current ownership when it already happened

51 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

How can there be no chance to win a championship under the current ownership when it already happened

In 2005. Time changes things. I have no confidence this ownership group and front office, as it now is, will win another championship soon.

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I don’t think he said zero chance.

Of course mathematically, by dumb luck you would have expected the White Sox to have appeared in three World Series in the 42 years Reinsdorf has owned the team.  So his failure to do this May in fact imply a zero percent chance of winning from here on out.

KC has been in three and won two.

Cleveland has been in three.

Minnesota has been in two and won two.

Detroit has been in three and won once.

From the old AL West Oakland has been in three and won one.

Texas has been in two.

The Angels have only appeared in and won one like the Sox.

Only Seattle from that division has not been in the World Series.

So given Reinsdorf’s epic level of fail, I probably would agree there is zero chance as long as he remains owner, even though the OP did give them a non-zero chance.

• Like 2

During the Yankee series we made it to 7 under .500 and had a better record than the Cubs who are hotter than hell right now, is there any hope at all of the Sox getting hot, I’m not too optimistic but you never know.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

5 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

During the Yankee series we made it to 7 under .500 and had a better record than the Cubs who are hotter than hell right now, is there any hope at all of the Sox getting hot, I’m not too optimistic but you never know.

This team doesn't draw walks, doesn't get on base, the highest BA they have is .275, only hit solo home runs, can't keep anybody healthy for more than a week, have a clueless manager, a bullpen that has already lost games nine times where they had a lead in the 7th inning or later and after they unload guys at the deadline will be basically a Triple A team.

So the answer is no.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Bump. 

100% a lock at this point. Hell, 100 losses is a distinct possibility if Hahn and company actually accept reality and make some trades before the deadline. 

They will need to go 35-38 the rest of the way to have 90 losses.

Seeing as how they are probably going to be 10+ out approaching the deadline, I would assume they will be trading away players. 90 losses should be a lock.

25-48 would then get them to 100 losses, which seems hard to believe even if they do trade away some players. I don't think we will see 100 losses. Unless of course they go full blown sell off and trade guys like Cease or Robert, but I don't see it.

Man, I remember when this thread started and I still believed.  How naive I was.  Now 90 losses seems optimistic.  If they sell, which they should, 95-100 losses is likely.  Oddly, the team will probably be more fun to watch afterwards.  Right now it's torture.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Man, I remember when this thread started and I still believed.  How naive I was.  Now 90 losses seems optimistic.  If they sell, which they should, 95-100 losses is likely.  Oddly, the team will probably be more fun to watch afterwards.  Right now it's torture.

When you factor in what we actually have available to trade and the remaining schedule, I just don't see how its possible to be 25 games under .500 the rest of the way. Were talking about Giolito and probably some bullpen arms, there's not really anything else to trade that will negatively impact the team.

The Royals and A's are going to lose 100 games easy. We will still have some competent players or people who can start performing to their capabilities and the easiest SOS the rest of the season. I would peg them for 90-93 losses.

3 hours ago, T R U said:

When you factor in what we actually have available to trade and the remaining schedule, I just don't see how its possible to be 25 games under .500 the rest of the way. Were talking about Giolito and probably some bullpen arms, there's not really anything else to trade that will negatively impact the team.

The Royals and A's are going to lose 100 games easy. We will still have some competent players or people who can start performing to their capabilities and the easiest SOS the rest of the season. I would peg them for 90-93 losses.

With the lottery, bottom three records have the same odds for the number 1 pick. Sox don’t have to catch A’s and Royals.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 7:52 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

This team doesn't draw walks, doesn't get on base, the highest BA they have is .275, only hit solo home runs, can't keep anybody healthy for more than a week, have a clueless manager, a bullpen that has already lost games nine times where they had a lead in the 7th inning or later and after they unload guys at the deadline will be basically a Triple A team.

So the answer is no.

Must you nitpick Lip? :)

4 hours ago, T R U said:

They will need to go 35-38 the rest of the way to have 90 losses.

Seeing as how they are probably going to be 10+ out approaching the deadline, I would assume they will be trading away players. 90 losses should be a lock.

25-48 would then get them to 100 losses, which seems hard to believe even if they do trade away some players. I don't think we will see 100 losses. Unless of course they go full blown sell off and trade guys like Cease or Robert, but I don't see it.

Agreed.  90 seems about right but I could see as high as 95.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 8:52 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

So the answer is no.

Andrew B is at .282.

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

With the lottery, bottom three records have the same odds for the number 1 pick. Sox don’t have to catch A’s and Royals.

I meant we have more talent than those teams, we’re not going to lose 100.