4/25- White Sox at Blue Jays, 6:07

flavum

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Changes being made if this continues seemed more direct than usual from him

Yeah it seemed a little more honest than I expected. I was expecting more putting makeup on a pig and claiming it's a supermodel.

Still, if there really is gonna be accountability it needs to happen and fast and the replacements can't be the same in house crap as usual.

7 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah it seemed a little more honest than I expected. I was expecting more putting makeup on a pig and claiming it's a supermodel.

Still, if there really is gonna be accountability it needs to happen and fast and the replacements can't be the same in house crap as usual.

Until anything actually changes, including KW himself let go, it's just lip service.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lulz at this line from KW....

"Accountability around here is not a problem.”

Hahaha but you have an owner who does not believe in accountability and still has these bozos in charge of the team. Accountability starts at the top, which clearly they do not have 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Read this and tell me how many times over the years you have seen the same thing. It's Groundhog Day. For those without an account, the Sun Times is now a non profit. You can sgin up for free access.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/4/25/23697737/williams-on-white-sox-struggles-im-not-in-a-good-place-right-now

Exactly my thought after reading this line.... If the Sox aren’t who they thought they were — a team with the expectation of still winning the division, Williams said — “then changes have to be made, it’s as simple as that.”  Ya right Ken, as Hahn is still the GM, your still the President, and Daryl Boston is still our first base coach after how many winning seasons in 18 years.  C'mon who you kidding Kenny.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
color
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Read this and tell me how many times over the years you have seen the same thing. It's Groundhog Day. For those without an account, the Sun Times is now a non profit. You can sgin up for free access.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2023/4/25/23697737/williams-on-white-sox-struggles-im-not-in-a-good-place-right-now

“Accountability around here is not a problem.”

7 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Because I'm a baseball fan and the only alternative is the Cubs.

I think we are all baseball fans here....kinda the point.

5 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Berrios (apart from 2022) has been great against the Sox... Here. We. Go.

Actually the last time Berrios was good against the Sox was 2019. He went 4-1, 33.2 Inn, 34 hits. 11 ER's 4 HR's and 2.98 ERA that year. It wasn't worth going back further than 2019, as its such a completely different Sox roster than now.

We only played Berrios once last year in 2022 and we beat him 8-7. He went 4 Inn, 9 Hits, 6 ER's and 3 HR's. ERA 13.50

In 2021, he was 0-3 in 4 starts against the Sox. 21 Inn, 24 hits, 13 ER's and 5 HR's, ERA 5.57. Pretty much we have owned him the last two years.

This will be Berrios's 5th start in 2023. His first two games vs KC and LAA he got beat bad. He went W-L 0-2, 9 Inn, 15 Hits, 12 ER's, 6.65 ERA. However his last two games against two good teams TB and HOU, he was W-L  1-1 with 12 Inn. 7 Hits, 3 ER's, 0 HR's, 2,25 ERA. 

Hopefully the Sox won't make Berrios look like Cy Young tonight with our impatient and undisciplined at bats. 

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, Capn12 said:

What an embarrassing list to still be on. But, it goes with the territory. If we don't get ownership relief at some point in my lifetime, there is no reason to think it will ever change.

Hell, even the generic, cookie cutter stadium is 32 years old, now. If you don't count the 'classic' stadiums (LA, Bos, CHC), this dump is now the 4th oldest stadium, too.

Everything about this organization screams '2nd rate citizen in a 1st rate city'

Agree, unless you are counting both Los Angeles stadiums as “Classic”. Angels Stadium and Oakland Coliseum both opened in 1966, the latter for the Oakland Raiders.

Comiskey Park is the eighth oldest MLB stadium, and ninth oldest overall (Florida Suncoast Dome opened September 1990 for the Davis Cup).

On May 28, 1989, the Chicago White Sox lost 7-5 in the final MLB game played at Exhibition Stadium.

Fourteen of the thirty MLB stadiums in use today opened for baseball by the end of the 1999 season.

Date = First official MLB or Federal League Baseball Game (exhibition games and other events not counted).

Classic Century + Old Stadiums:

1. April 20, 1912 Fenway Park
  2. April 23, 1914 Wrigley Field *

Modern Stadiums (1962-1999):

1. April 10, 1962 Dodgers Stadium
  2. April 19, 1966 Angels Stadium
  3. April 17, 1968 Oakland Coliseum
  4. April 10, 1973 Kaufman Stadium
  5. June 5, 1989 Skydome
  6. April 18, 1991 Comiskey Park II
  7. April 6, 1992 Camden Yards
  8. April 4, 1994 Jacobs Field
  9. April 26, 1995 Coors Field
  10. March 31,1998 Florida Suncoast Dome
  11. March 31, 1998 Phoenix Stadium
  12. July 15, 1999 Seattle Stadium

Note *: Built for $250k and opened as Weegham Park for the Federal League Chicago Whalers. William Wrigley Jr. purchased Wrigley Field for $500K after the 1915 Whalers won the Federal League Championship, after which the league folded. The Cubs played at West Side Park through the conclusion of the 1915 season. Their first MLB game played at the still named Weegham Park was on April 20, 1916.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

There's been a lot of gloom and doom here so far this season. Look on the bright side. The White Sox have to win only nine in a row, and they'll be a .500 team!

“They are closer to first than the New York Yankees.”

- Steve Stone April 24, 2023

Sending a thank you to Steve for what may have been a White Sox intervention for him to stop trolling White Sox Fans on Twitter after the conclusion of the 2022 season.