Are the 2023 White Sox the worst Sox team you've ever seen?

joejoesox

2023 Sox: Worst you've ever seen?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Are the 2023 White Sox the worst Sox team you've ever seen?

• Never seen anything like this.
    • No, this team was worse (Post in comments)

When I was in high school, the Sox lost 95, 94, 106 games respectively . they were just really bad . Comiskey was mostly empty . maybe 2k on some days . but there were guys like Bill Melton, Carlos May, Ed Herrmann, Luis Aparicio, Tommy John, Wilbur Wood, and Ken Berry . some of my favorite all time players . the 2023 Sox are just not a likeable team . they seem totally lost, and dead in the water.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is definitely the worst because I have no hope for this core bouncing back or this org doing a rebuild. There is nothing here.

I'm putting my fandom eggs in the bears, and that is the bleakest statement in the world, just behind "i'm putting my fandom eggs in the white sox"

"The Bears will be successful thanks to the QB whose statistics so far are not very good" — words that have never steered me wrong

1 minute ago, White Sox Park said:

When I was in high school, the Sox lost 95, 94, 106 games respectively . they were just really bad . Comiskey was mostly empty . maybe 2k on some days . but there were guys like Bill Melton, Carlos May, Ed Herrmann, Luis Aparicio, Tommy John, Wilbur Wood, and Ken Berry . some of my favorite all time players . the 2023 Sox are just not a likeable team . they seem totally lost, and dead in the water.

Jake Burger is the only guy I really "like" on this team.  Maybe Andrew Vaughn too.  Most of the others I couldn't care less about and there are quite a few I downright dislike.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Those teams must have cost Tommy John a hall of fame induction because he could have easily picked up 12 more wins with better teams just from those three years. No way 300 wouldn’t get him in. Kind of a joke he isn’t in considering others that have been inducted over the last twenty years

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Too early to tell if they are as bad as the 1970 team that finished at 56-106. One thing is that this team is probably the most unlikeable bunch of stiffs I’ve seen since 1952 when I became a White Sox fan.

I did vote that I’ve never seen anything like this because it just seems to me like these guys don’t care, a lot of talent going to waste.

Wow, coming from a Sox long time Sox fan like you, that has been following them longer than most of us, that is really pathetic and sad these guys come off as so uncaring and unlikeable besides being a bad team. This team is truly becoming a monumental and historic embarrassment that we as loyal Sox fans already see, but unfortunately the FO with all their great accountability haven't seen it yet or just don't care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Since I have not been able to watch many games lately, I'm not sure.  But I will be sure to tune in and my answer will most likely be a YES. I do think this team seems to be coming to the ballpark believing they are going to lose that day. It sure does seem early to fire a guy who just got hired, but they do not play for Pedro. Whatever he did, the team was likeable under Renteria. These guys are not likeable and they are boring as hell.

That is a great point! Pedro and Tony never had them playing hard or having fun or exhibit any team comradery like Renteria did. I guess we just witnessed first hand the old adage, "Be Careful What You Wish For!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Jake Burger is the only guy I really "like" on this team.  Maybe Andrew Vaughn too.  Most of the others I couldn't care less about and there are quite a few I downright dislike.

Agree on Burger and Vaughn. Of course Liam too when he comes back. The rest of the team is not only unlikeable, but frustrating as hell to watch with all their poor hitting fundamentals and lack of plate discipline on this anemic lineup.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

The 1968 Sox started off 0 for ten 

I thought you were giving us all a ray of hope but then I looked it up and they finished 67-95.  I guess I forgot what thread I was on, lol.

The law of recency puts this and last season's team towards the top of the worst list for me.  The rebuilding teams at least were somewhat fun and we weren't expecting anything from them anyways. I'll take an occasional Yolmer gatorade shenanigan over this crap we are witnessing.

• Hawk 1

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Too early to tell if they are as bad as the 1970 team that finished at 56-106. One thing is that this team is probably the most unlikeable bunch of stiffs I’ve seen since 1952 when I became a White Sox fan.

I did vote that I’ve never seen anything like this because it just seems to me like these guys don’t care, a lot of talent going to waste.

I was in 7th grade when the Sox were in the '59 World Series and broken hearted when they lost. Since then there have been some real bad teams and part of being this age is that I don't remember them, but I should be so lucky with these 2023 guys. I'm not looking forward to another rebuild!

• Hawk 1