Ticket rep attacks fan for not renewing

Green Line

And according to Dave the rest of the conversation was even worse.

I told my ticket rep at the end of last year I moved out of state (which is true) and she left me alone but this is bonkers. Do the ticket reps rely on commission that much to make a living? If so I get it, but sadly I think this is something the front office pushes them to do...

• Like 1

I’m shocked they get so mad. White Sox tickets are gold. They recently had a promotion for tax day, $4.15 tickets. I received the email, hit the link to see what it was about, and was put in a waiting room for 50 seconds or so due to high demand. LMAO. How stupid do they think people are?

I mean my old rep just called me repeatedly so I saved the number under “do not answer”. Understood the persistence as obviously it’s starting to hit the bottom line but it’s astonishing anyone actually experienced something like this. Embarrassing. 

Meh.  Wouldn’t shock me if true.  The sales staff probably takes the brunt of the fan displeasure and they are human too after all.  Doesn’t make it right, but they are part of the exterior insulation for the dopes upstairs.  We’ve all experienced the disdain the org shows for us, you can just add this to the pile. 

19 minutes ago, Green Line said:

No its def true.  I believe white sox dave

You believe White Sox Dave believes the person who sent it to him. Why do you believe Mike Panozzo?

I believe you. So if you believe Dave, I guess we're all believing Mike Panozzo. And if someone believes me, they believe you, Dave, and Mike Panozzo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

You believe White Sox Dave believes the person who sent it to him. Why do you believe Mike Panozzo?

I believe you. So if you believe Dave, I guess we're all believing Mike Panozzo. And if someone believes me, they believe you, Dave, and Mike Panozzo. 

Thank you

• TLR 1

12 hours ago, Green Line said:

Wow.  Jerry and Brooks are now sicking the ticket reps on fans who decide not to renew, questioning their loyalty.  Not a good look for the worst organization in professional sports!

I hope all this negative crap gets out to the rest of country and baseball America to see why this organization is the worst in sports.

You just can't make this stuff up! 

Meanwhile diehard and loyal fans have to take Jerry's bullshit. What's happening to this team is bad karma I swear. Until he get rid of this plague called the Reinsdorf group we will suck to eternity. Please people in Chicago don't buy merch, don't go to games. I know it will probably hurt but until the plague is exterminated this shall happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Meanwhile diehard and loyal fans have to take Jerry's bullshit. What's happening to this team is bad karma I swear. Until he get rid of this plague called the Reinsdorf group we will suck to eternity. Please people in Chicago don't buy merch, don't go to games. I know it will probably hurt but until the plague is exterminated this shall happen

I splurged on opening day, but that's the last time I buy directly from Ticketmaster.  Most of my friends are only buying off the resale market now.  None of us want to give money directly to this team.  And if last night was any indication, fans in general are pretty fed up.  They'll still get good crowds on giveaway days, but beyond that the park is going to be a ghost town all summer.

51 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I splurged on opening day, but that's the last time I buy directly from Ticketmaster.  Most of my friends are only buying off the resale market now.  None of us want to give money directly to this team.  And if last night was any indication, fans in general are pretty fed up.  They'll still get good crowds on giveaway days, but beyond that the park is going to be a ghost town all summer.

Our family is literally flying to Oakland to see the Sox (and see family out there) rather than giving money to the Sox this year.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Our family is literally flying to Oakland to see the Sox (and see family out there) rather than giving money to the Sox this year.

If you don't have tickets yet, buy them on the secondarty market. If you buy them from the A;s the Sox will get a small cut of it. At least if you buy them from the secondary market, JR gets none of your money. 

I had freebies a couple of Sundays ago when they were in a delay for 2 hours only to play in worse weather than during the delay. We bought no concessions. JR has none of my money this year, and he isn't going to get any either, unless he makes some changes.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If you don't have tickets yet, buy them on the secondarty market. If you buy them from the A;s the Sox will get a small cut of it. At least if you buy them from the secondary market, JR gets none of your money. 

I had freebies a couple of Sundays ago when they were in a delay for 2 hours only to play in worse weather than during the delay. We bought no concessions. JR has none of my money this year, and he isn't going to get any either, unless he makes some changes.

Hell the As don’t deserve money either, their fans will be happier if you find ways to go without paying the team.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hell the As don’t deserve money either, their fans will be happier if you find ways to go without paying the team.

Billy Beane has informed all ticket reps that if someone calls to buy tickets they should be told to f*** OFF