And That's a White Sox Sweep !!

I feel like the momentum is building for this team. 

Quality Starting Pitching. 

Once Hendriks comes back you will have 

9th-Hendricks

8th-Kelly

7th- Santos

For the offense really happy to see insurance runs in the late innings. Far too often we score early and try to just hold on. Keep putting the runs up late. 

Next 10 games are against Indians, Tigers and Angels. We need 7-8 of these games to really start making that climb back to .500. 

• Haha 1

• First White Sox Sweep of the Season!
  • Seven White Sox Hitters with hits.
  • Quality Start for Lynn, second White Sox save for Joe Kelly
  • Three more shutout innings from the bullpen. The Bullpen scoreless streak now at 20 Innings!

A Perfect Day for the Three Peat!!!

Marv Albert on hot mike saying the inevitable.

Clev

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kwill said:

I feel like the momentum is building for this team. 

Quality Starting Pitching. 

Once Hendriks comes back you will have 

9th-Hendricks

8th-Kelly

7th- Santos

For the offense really happy to see insurance runs in the late innings. Far too often we score early and try to just hold on. Keep putting the runs up late. 

Next 10 games are against Indians, Tigers and Angels. We need 7-8 of these games to really start making that climb back to .500. 

I'd take 6 if those are all road games.

The Sox have played well this past week, but they faced an undermanned Guardians team and an awful Royals club. But the journey back to .500 and beyond has to start somewhere, and this is it. The pitching looks totally different. The Sox were getting clobbered. Even when they stopped the losing streak, they gave up nine runs. On the optimistic side, Eloy is coming back, and we can only hope he isn't creamed by a mack truck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

my god we are only 7 games back. What a terrible division. 

Yes and maybe 6.5 games if the Angels can hang on to the 3-1 lead in the top of the 8th against the Twins.

You are also correct on it's a terrible division.

Imagine how the Red Sox feel playing in the toughest division and are 6 games over .500 and 7 games back. 

38 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Tampa is 20 games over .500 and they are up by only 2.5 games. In the Central their magic number would be like 5.

That’s probably going to be the painful part of this season. No team in the Central is good enough to pull away so come trade deadline we could be looking at another scenario where the front office is between buying and selling and does nothing instead because the team is “in contention”. 

26 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

That’s probably going to be the painful part of this season. No team in the Central is good enough to pull away so come trade deadline we could be looking at another scenario where the front office is between buying and selling and does nothing instead because the team is “in contention”. 

What could they possibly buy without subtracting from the major league club?  Charlotte is putrid and nobody there would bring anything of value.

At best this is the team you have the rest of the season.  Most likely they are sellers at the deadline.  Why let these guys get away and get nothing in return?

17 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

What could they possibly buy without subtracting from the major league club?  Charlotte is putrid and nobody there would bring anything of value.

At best this is the team you have the rest of the season.  Most likely they are sellers at the deadline.  Why let these guys get away and get nothing in return?

Hahn's ego and the fact the cupboard will be so bare even with trades for the likes of Giolito and Anderson that nobody will want to take the GM job in Chicago. 

They ultimately will end up with a late Top Tenish draft pick, but certainly not guys that will make huge and immediate impacts like the four Himes high picks in the mid to late 80s. 

Unless they keep drafting relievers in the first... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Id be bought in if we didnt lose 3 of 4 to these same Royals last week. Not getting my hopes up but good series for sure. Pitching looked good, especially the pen

If we go 6 and 1 this week, I'll be all in again for sure. If we go 5 and 2 and pick up 1.5 to 2 games on the Twins I'll be all in again for sure. 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well they'll be down a starting pitcher for a game or two at least. We'll see how Grifol does with an "opener" since the Sox don't have any depth in this area. Thanks Rick!

I’ve only followed four of five games this season. Grateful I can now listen to every game the next few weeks, don’t care if there is a drop off in performance for the rotation slot.

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I would hope they would pick up one guy. Maybe a veteran pitcher who can shore up the rotation. Or someone. Doing nothing is giving up or giving the fans a slap in the face.

2 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Exactly...and that would be among the worst possible scenarios. Plus more arrogance from Rick and company about how they "told all of us." 

It's really possible some team will win this division and make the playoffs WITH A LOSING REGULAR SEASON RECORD. It would be the butt of jokes for a very long time especially when said team got hammered in the playoffs. Honestly in that situation I would hope the Sox wouldn't "win" anything.