Sox @ Tigers 12:40

That Vaughn at bat in the 10th was really one of the worst at bats I've seen in awhile. I have been defending him, but that was just beyond awful. And then you would think a veteran like Grandal would have learned from the Vaughn at bat but he went up there and did the exact same thing.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

At this point you have to question whether or not the talent was ever there, and if it was its an indictment on the Sox player development. 

Moncada is 28

Kopech is 27

Cease is 27 

Burger is 27

Jimenez, Robert and Vaughn are 25. 

Edited by baseballgalaly
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

That Vaughn at bat in the 10th was really one of the worst at bats I've seen in awhile. I have been defending him, but that was just beyond awful. And then you would think a veteran like Grandal would have learned from the Vaughn at bat but he went up there and did the exact same thing.

0/5 pitches reached the catcher's glove on a fly, I think one got past the plate on a fly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Vaughn is pissing me off. Maybe needs yo go to Charlotte.  Reylo in this game is cooked. Pedro has had 2 really bad days

Since he never had to go to Charlotte due to the pandemic it might just serve him well and let him get his act back together. He is really looking bad on all his AB's for awhile now.

• Hawk 1

13 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

See how easy it is to move a runner?

Vaughn should be benched the next game.  Price needs to be paid for not moving the runner over, and swinging for the fences on pitches out of the zone.  It is also unwise to hit Vaughn and Grandal, our 2 slowest hitters back to back.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I bet DJ did not have the same take on that top of the 10th.

He was not pleased. Len doesn't get too critical, but he is not kissing ass when the team plays shitty. Len will say something like "I expected XXX to do/throw XXX".

Both were on the awful pitch calling to Greene on multiple at bats. Can't hit fast balls, Grandal calls for breaking balls to get burnt in critical spots.

Sox should have won three of four in Detroit. Instead, they lose ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2