6/8 Sox @ Yankees Doubleheader Game 1 3:05PM CT

Just now, The Beast said:

I think to myself, Lynn really sucks this year. But what is the alternative? Pull the plug and DFA him and bring up Scholtens? I don’t see it happening.

DFAing Lynn considering the orgs lack of depth would obviously be insane. He has to pitch better. It is what it is.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Some of the Moncada takes from earlier in this thread are absolutely hysterical when you consider how many other underachieving players there are on this team who don't receive ~5% of the criticism.

looking at you TA after another lifeless groundout,

And to further disagree with your thought here,  Tim Anderson was never the top prospect in the game nor expected to be the cornerstone star for this franchise.  Nor did he sign a 5 year $70 million contract, one of the highest paid players on this team. 

This is why Moncada is a punching bag to some of us fans. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

And to further disagree with your thought here,  Tim Anderson was never the top prospect in the game nor expected to be the cornerstone star for this franchise.  Nor did he sign a 5 year $70 million contract, one of the highest paid players on this team. 

This is why Moncada is a punching bag to some of us fans. 

Bingo! Well said! 

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

How can you not hate Lance Lynn?

This is the result of an aging pitcher who had no desire or discipline to have gotten in great shape in the off-season through diet, cardio and strength training.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This the result of an aging pitcher who had no desire or discipline to have gotten in great shape in the off-season through diet, cardio and strength training.

I've said this before, but this was on the Sox.  Dudes don't get in better shape after they've signed the last deal of their careers and shouldn't be expected to, as selfish as it is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

This is the result of an aging pitcher who had no desire or discipline to have gotten in great shape in the off-season through diet, cardio and strength training.

Frank Thomas had to deal with a bullshit diminishing skills clause.....and they couldn't sneak in a big fat useless tub of goo clause for Lynn??

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

DFAing Lynn considering the orgs lack of depth would obviously be insane. He has to pitch better. It is what it is.

The thing is, I don't know if he's capable of pitching better.  Whether it's something physical or he's refusing to make an adjustment.  Each start he goes out and throws BP and puts the team at a significant disadvantage.  Maybe an IL stint is needed.  Maybe a swift kick in the ass is needed.

• Like 1

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic