6/16- Sox at Mariners, 9:10, Apple TV

flavum

33 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Roof closed and a heavy air settling over the city as we head into the weekend. Mariners pitching is decent. Over under on total runs scored this series from the Sox? 12 imo.

I think I’d take the under.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yesterday really hurt. IDK why I am even going to watch. Should of had 2/3 in LA.

I predict the Sox hit four HR and score three. 

• Haha 1

The Central divisions are an embarrassment to baseball. And people really want to go to 4-team divisions someday? f*** that.

Twins going to keep Shohei out of the postseason? Good lord. Get a clue, MLB.

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yesterday really hurt. IDK why I am even going to watch. Should of had 2/3 in LA.

No Liam, likely until July at the earliest was the final death nail to any hope at a .500 June through the hard part of the schedule.

Don't think they have the balls for total mid-season tank trades (Benintendi, Burger, Cease, Crochet, Eloy, Kopech, Robert Jr.), but still could be looking at an 8/1 roster of:

• Catchers: Perez, Zavala; DH: Sheets vs. RH, resting player vs. LH.
  • Infield: 1B Vaughn; 2B Gonzalez; SS Andrus; 3B Burger; Reserve: Sosa.
  • Outfield: LF Benintendi; CF Robert Jr.; RF Jimenez; Reserves: Frazier; Hamilton.
  • Rotation: Cease; Kopech; Scholtens. (Final Two Charlotte Guys, DFA pickups or garbage trade return players).
  • Bullpen: Banks; Bummer; Crochet; Lambert; Lopez; Middleton; Padilla or Peralta; Santos.
  • Traded and/or Season Ending IL: Anderson; Clevinger; Foster; Giolito; Grandal; Graveman; Hendriks; Kelly; Lynn; Martin; Moncada, 
Edited by South Side Hit Men

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

No Liam, likely until July at the earliest was the final death nail to any hope at a .500 June through the hard part of the schedule.

Don't think they have the balls for total mid-season tank trades (Benintendi, Burger, Cease, Crochet, Eloy, Kopech, Robert Jr.), but still could be looking at an 8/1 roster of:

• Catchers: Perez, Zavala; DH: Sheets vs. RH, resting player vs. LH.
  • Infield: 1B Vaughn; 2B Gonzalez; SS Andrus; 3B Burger; Reserve: Sosa.
  • Outfield: LF Benintendi; CF Robert Jr.; RF Jimenez; Reserves: Frazier; Hamilton.
  • Rotation: Cease; Kopech; Scholtens. (Final Two Charlotte Guys, DFA pickups or garbage trade return players).
  • Bullpen: Banks; Bummer; Crochet; Lambert; Lopez; Middleton; Padilla or Peralta; Santos.
  • Traded and/or Season Ending IL: Anderson; Clevinger; Foster; Giolito; Grandal; Graveman; Hendriks; Kelly; Lynn; Martin; Moncada, 

I think I like that projected roster better than the current one.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Anderson still hitting 1st. Try. Something. Different. Pedro.

Pedro is risk averse and afraid to confront players.  He “trusts” them to do the right things. In the meantime, no adjustments and we keep losing with more of the same.

582 Tim

672 Benintendi

2023 Rays have the exact same 50-22 record as the 2005 White Sox and 2001 Mariners at this point in the season. 

Brewers Pirates Reds all battling each other and .500 for first place.  Cubs 2 1/2 back suddenly.  Make that three.  Someone has to be 1 over. 

Edited by caulfield12

22 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Pedro is risk averse and afraid to confront players.  He “trusts” them to do the right things. In the meantime, no adjustments and we keep losing with more of the same.

Just like I don't question players' health based on how bad this organization has managed health issues, these decisions could be Pedro's or could very well be Hahn's, who likes to meddle in s%*# he had no clue with, including the Game 3 in Oakland debacle and throughout Ricky's tenure. 

Tony wasn't going to answer to someone as clueless as Hahn, and Jerry backed Tony. Hahn didn't like being cut out, and that is why Pedro is here and not someone with more stature who wouldn't put up with Hahn's clueless bullshit like Bruce Bochy, who the Sox weren't interested in after 2020 or 2022.