Grifol: 'If you don't like the lineups, talk to Jerry.'

joejoesox

I think it's more likely this was a comment of frustration, probably because he gets asked frequently why one of the better hitters isn't batting higher.  However, one could presume he's getting pressure from above to make the lineups the way he is.

I really wanted to like Grifol and give him the benefit of the doubt.  I still do, but comments like this aren't doing him any good.  He can't say he's putting Burger in the lineup where he can help the team win while putting him 8th in a lineup of dead weight.  There's really no evidence that Burger hitting 8th helps the team win.  He's a power hitter with the second most home runs on the team.  He needs to be hitting somewhere between 3rd and 6th.

• Like 3

I honestly wouldn't put it passed Kenny dictating lineups. Remember that's why he bumped heads with Ozzie cause Ozzie didn't go for that s%*#. That's why people like Bochy and other veteran managers arent considered. The path to making this org right is getting rid of the 3 headed monster. Any other Org would have s%*# canned Kenny a long time ago. But Jerry doesn't care has in La La land. People can say what they want about Hawk but I really think what he said in the interview with AJ is very telling. Remember Hawk would go ass first for Jerry. 

That's nothing official but it's my hot take

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Politely stating they want out... 

Several veterans in the Chicago White Sox organization have privately expressed that they would welcome a trade, and considering the way they are playing, may soon get their wish. 

None of the players, however, have formally asked the White Sox front office to trade them. 

• Like 1

Ok if you were still undecided on whether Grifol was a complete loser, this little tirade just officially put the final stamp on it.

When you think of how challenged this Sox team was in the off-season, this further illustrates what a idiot Hahn is, thinking a rookie manager from a losing organization could come in and make significant improvement to this flawed Sox team.

Both Hahn and Grifol need to be fired. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Second time in the last 10 days or so he's made a snarky comment when asked about his lineup construction. 

These last two tirades show us the pressure is clearly getting to Grifol big time. The sad thing is, he hasn't earned the right to be so snarky to the fans and media, as he hasn't proven jack s%*# as a manager! I'm sorry, but Grifol doesn't have the success yet of let's say a Francona or Bochy to be so damn arrogant and condescending to the fans and media. Maybe as a rookie manager, Grifol should be more tactful with his comments. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joejoesox said:

What was up with this comment?

WTF? Is Hahn his boss or Reinsdorf? 

When is the last time we've heard a manager tell the fans and media, if we don't like his decisions, then go speak to the owner and not his immediate boss Rick Hahn? 

Grifol is so over his head here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Neither. He is saying if you don't like how he does his job, then too bad. His highest boss isn't complaining to him, so leave him be. That is what Grifail is saying. 

He is saying that which is a joke. It's a slap in the face to his immediate boss Rick Hahn. 

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Kenny Williams is not making lineup suggestions.  He mailed it in years ago. 

For the love of God fire Grifol and bring back Ozzie, can't be any worse. 

So many times watching the postgame, it’s so obvious this team would be better with Ozzie managing. I know it’s not happening but it’s true. The Sox would be better with him. And a lot more fun. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

These last two tirades show us the pressure is clearly getting to Grifol big time. The sad thing is, he hasn't earned the right to be so snarky to the fans and media, as he hasn't proven jack s%*# as a manager! I'm sorry, but Grifol doesn't have the success yet of let's say a Francona or Bochy to be so damn arrogant and condescending to the fans and media. Maybe as a rookie manager, Grifol should be more tactful with his comments. 

His arrogance fits right in with this organization from ownership to the front office.

But this isn't the first time a Sox manager went off on the fans questioning the lineup construction:

‘‘Turn off their TVs and stop watching the game if they don’t like the [bleep]ing lineup’’ --Ozzie Guillen to White Sox fans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

I think it's more likely this was a comment of frustration, probably because he gets asked frequently why one of the better hitters isn't batting higher.  However, one could presume he's getting pressure from above to make the lineups the way he is.

I really wanted to like Grifol and give him the benefit of the doubt.  I still do, but comments like this aren't doing him any good.  He can't say he's putting Burger in the lineup where he can help the team win while putting him 8th in a lineup of dead weight.  There's really no evidence that Burger hitting 8th helps the team win.  He's a power hitter with the second most home runs on the team.  He needs to be hitting somewhere between 3rd and 6th.

I agree with you, I think we all wanted to like the Grifol hire. However his bad managerial decisions during the game, mishandling the bullpen and of course bad lineups, makes it really difficult to respect him as a manager. 

When you make bold promises that your team is going to play with heart at a 100% max effort and you clearly haven't seen that this year, then why shouldn't people question him.

I do agree with you that Burger should be batting between 3-6. He should be there not only because of his power, but he might also get better pitches to hit, when men get on base in front of him.