Ohtani

WBWSF

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I remember in the 1990s when JR signed Albert Belle.  Most people including  White Sox fans were surprised that JR signed him. That being said wouldn't it be something if JR signed Ohtani this off season? The signing of Ohtani would not only change the image of the franchise but it would improve the team  tremendously. I would think that alot of the money signing Ohtani would be back loaded which would definitely appeal to JR. It would be the biggest story in MLB if JR signed him. I've mentioned in the past  how I've written JR a number of letters requesting an interview for the GM job. He has never responded to me. If  I was the  GM I would  make every effort in signing Ohtani. 

Oh you sweet summer child 🥹

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

I remember in the 1990s when JR signed Albert Belle.  Most people including  White Sox fans were surprised that JR signed him. That being said wouldn't it be something if JR signed Ohtani this off season? The signing of Ohtani would not only change the image of the franchise but it would improve the team  tremendously. I would think that alot of the money signing Ohtani would be back loaded which would definitely appeal to JR. It would be the biggest story in MLB if JR signed him. I've mentioned in the past  how I've written JR a number of letters requesting an interview for the GM job. He has never responded to me. If  I was the  GM I would  make every effort in signing Ohtani. 

JR almost choked when he gave Michael Jordan, a guy that literally made him hundreds of millions $30 million for 1 year. He isn't going to pay Ohtani what it takes, and from what Ozzie hears, he has no chance anyways. Ohtani wouldn't mind playing for the Cubs, but thinks it's too cold in Chicago.

• Like 1

He is not coming to the White Sox for a myriad of reasons.

The issue becomes if he gets injured you lose a pitcher and your best hitter.  Also if for some reason he tappers off you ae on the hooks for the price of two superstars.

In order to sign and have value you have to have a deep farm system and player development program and be able to go into the tax penalty without regard to win.

Dodgers appear to have set this up for a number of years and will roll.

I could see the Padres trading Tatis or Soto to get into the action as well. 

3 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Why would Ohtani sign with the Sox?

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Why would Ohtani sign with the Sox?

They offer:

• $600 million
  • A unique Ohtani-themed home run celebration feature
  • Re-theme the FUNdamentals deck to "Ohanti's SHO-Time Theater for Kids"
  • Dedicated Japanese broadcast
  • A live orchestra performs his walk-up music.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Money. If JR offered him the most money he might sign here.

I doubt there is enough money on the planet to get him to sign here. The range he is going to sign for is so ridiculous that his next six generations of family at least will be well taken care of. So he can give up a little to avoid playing for this poorly performing franchise in a location that probably has no appeal to him and not feel it at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

JR almost choked when he gave Michael Jordan, a guy that literally made him hundreds of millions $30 million for 1 year. He isn't going to pay Ohtani what it takes, and from what Ozzie hears, he has no chance anyways. Ohtani wouldn't mind playing for the Cubs, but thinks it's too cold in Chicago.

MJ should buy the Sox out of spite now, could he be any worse an owner than JR?

7 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Hahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahha

(breathe)

hahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahajhahahahahahhahahah

what. The. f***. 

A) The names Albert Belle and Shohei Ohtani shouldn’t be uttered in the same sentence. 

B) Even if the White Sox made a legit offer that didn’t get them laughed out of the conference room, why the f*** would Ohtani come to this wreck of a franchise?

2 hours ago, Quin said:

They offer:

• $600 million
  • A unique Ohtani-themed home run celebration feature
  • Re-theme the FUNdamentals deck to "Ohanti's SHO-Time Theater for Kids"
  • Dedicated Japanese broadcast
  • A live orchestra performs his walk-up music.

Would that even be enough?